Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats better, bowl or bubbler?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChronicKiller7, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys quick question here. What would be better... I have a dry bowl I haven't used in a while thats full of resin. its a small bowl, 1 1/2 inches long. Should I just smoke the res out of the bowl (like just inhale the flame inward into the bowl to heat up the res which does work (ive tried it)) or to scrape the res out of the bowl and smoke it out of a bubbler?

2. isn't inhaling the flame straight like that really bad? uh do bubbler

3. Is it? I know inhaling butane is bad for you, but I remember reading somewhere (reliable) that when you light the lighter the butane is burnt off pretty much instantly and its mostly oxygen or something I don't know dont quote me on that hahaha, but I never noticed a problem.

But would smoking it out of a bubbler get me higher? Because I'd get bigger hits?

4. #4 theglassshroom, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    I would say bubbler just as a personal preference. I don't scrape resin unless I'm just shit desperate, though.

5. Dude it's resin, don't waste your time scraping it out :eek:

6. Thats what I was thinking, but if it would get me higher I don't mind scraping it out of the bowl in the bubbler slide.

7. Ew resin is gross, and bic lighters don't burn completely clean, if you use a pipe use hempwick so there is no butane, or just smoke from the bub

8. I have hemp wick. So should I use the hemp wick with the bowl or bubbler? Or not go through the mess of scraping the bowl...

9. don't people like boil the resin out of the bowl?

10. I don't want to boil my bowl hahaha seems too messy. But I think im going to just smoke the res out of the bowl.

11. #11 YoSmokinMan, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    Hemp wick is honestly not much healthier than butane if at all. There is still plenty of impurities burning off. More probably since it's a cooler flame.

Butane combusts to co2 and h20. Completely harmless, however most butane is not pure nor completely combusted.

Just scrape it man. That's what people do. That or wash it with iso.

And if it's a glass bowl, or if it's not remember for the future, repeatedly taking res hits like you plan to over time will make the glass brittle and it will eventually crack.