whats best for beginners soil or hydroponics?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doug13318, Dec 16, 2009.

1. whats best for beginners soil or hydroponics
    if soil how many times u feed it a week and which is the best soil

2. soil is best for beginners.

over watering is a problem, as you will stunt their growth.

only water them when the plant pot is light as a feather when you lift it.

i think that this should go into the beginners section brother.

peace
    eastman

3. I think this is the beginner section, brother. :smoke:
    But yeah, I agree. Soil is far more forgiving for a new grower. Things go really wrong really fast in hydro. Soil will allow you time to correct your mistakes.

Good luck.

4. I have to say I'm a beginner (on my first grow) I find the bubble buckets to be easy as shitting. The only problem I've had which really wasn't a problem but when I dropped my ph meter in the bucket one of the batteries got stuck in the roots but I got it out.

5. PLEASE DO NOT LET PEOPLE DISCOURAGE

now im not sayin soil is not good but i have been doing hydro from the get go it is not hard

most people MAKE it hard by not reading enough and trying to go to space wit no space ship which leade them to failure get wat im sayin??

since there is more than one way to do hydro you could look around at the different set ups to ultimately decide if you should go for soil

but i always chose hydro for these reasons

plants can only take in products that are broken down in water.
    meaning soil plays only a choking role on the roots as it suffocates them ( in my opinion)(also anchors them)

but plants roots that can breath better usually make for a strong easy going healthy plant

and when you do hydro the roots get the fuck out of that dirt they have been trapped in for centuries and finally get to breathe!! just apply the same science on yourself

how much easier is it to breath in a pool when your swimming as opposed to being buried all the way up to your neck

you would really find it hard to breath

GET WHAT IM SAYIN??

6. fair play texas,

i understand what you saying, not script about the swimming:D

i started off with nft, learnt a lot, but hydros are not forgiving man. the reason i suggested soil was becuase it will let my man work and make as many mistakes, trial and error and all that.

my current grow, i have a mixture of hydro nft and soil, i lost one of my nft tables to bugs and sorts, dont get me wrong, i fucked up on that table, and thats with me knowing what im doing with the nfts.

i just thought it would be better for him to start off with the soil, much more forgiving, dont want the guy to pack up growing before he has even started,hahahaha

peace
    eastman

ps. sorry bout saying the beginners section man, i didnt even realise i was there, i thought i was in the grow journal bit:wave:

7. yes sir i see now you are saying JUST in case he happems to make a mistake he WILL be forgivin and tru hydro it is VERY easy to make those mistakes as i have seen alot of growers do so

but i aint sayin im the best or perfect by any means it just takes a WHOLE LOT OF READING to slim down your margin of error on the first grow i have Yet(fingers crossed) to mess anything up and i feel it is because i did so much research before i acutally put my foot in that is the key to a successful garden either way it goes//soil or hydro///

8. yes texas,

i know what you mean man, lots of research, then more research and then some more:hello:

i will definately go with hydros for the yeild factor and with soil for the taste factor, :D

peace
    eastman

9. yOU MUST READ

10. agreed...I would say I spent a good 3 months just reading and trolling these forums as well as others before I even started buyin my equipment.

11. i mean i have smoked some soil bud before and i have smoked dro before but never side by side do you really think soil taste better??? im actually curious

and what methods of hydro have you done?

12. hello texas,

yes man, i personally believe soil taste better.

i am using nft as my preferred hydro.

peace
    eastman

13. listen just cuz its called "dro" soesnt mean shit... there is infinate info out there and you are asking questions thats great ...but this is what you do... read, plan ,read more, think bout your grow spot, what kinda space do i have to work with is hydor a good fit for me... are you a clean person who likes to spend time in his garden, or are you ina hurry and all over the place soil is for you.....I HAVE smoked and grown alll kinds of ways soil traste better... hydro grows faster and fuller and if you know how to proper cure it taste as good as soil...people are always in a rush to grow pot but like getting a new puppy it takes alot of work to reap the benifits.....

14. i just started growing with soild. Its been a learning process i couldn't even imagine starting with hydro with no prior knowledge of how it works or how to grow the plant. In hydro you can kill a plant pretty fast soil at least gives you some time to correct your errors and to learn

15. id say soil because its more forgiving...taste great.....hydro gets more yeild... little more TLc involved....as they said above read.....some perfer hydro and can grow it as easy as hair.....some perfer soil.....try both see what your happy and can maintain the best.

16. i say that it probly be easyer wit soil

17. I would have to say "hydroponic". Hand watered rockwool... it rocks... check my grow in the sig, and look around for CloneB... for me, this is by far the easiest/most efficient way to grow some herb.

18. i chose hydro because
    i hate messy soil
    exp. when its wet

and the little fuckin bugs that make their home in soil

thats just me!!!

honestly the only way this damn thing gets hard is when like i always say " DO NOT SHORT YOUR SELF ON THE READING "

im on week 6 of my plants and even before i started i was reading every day and for the past six weeks non stop research reading and just visuals your own plants give you

i mean hydro is NOT as hard as everyone makes it seem and i am doing dwc which i believe is one of the harder hydros but it is not as hard as people make it seriously??

the key to winning any way you go IS TO RESEARCH I CAN NOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH
    hydro is not that hard and since i STARTED with hydro and have grown no other way i would recommend it
    even for the beginner who cares about what he is doing and is going along for the ride not just the bud

the more greedy you get with your plants as far as care,,,wanting them to hurry///forcing them to bud// the less happy you will be in the end

so i say smoke some fattys
    get on the computer
    research your ass off!!!
    decide which way you wanna go

and truly decide to you what feels better no one knows except you

happy growing !!:smoke::hello:

19. the key to winning any way you go IS TO RESEARCH I CAN NOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH
    hydro is not that hard and since i STARTED with hydro and have grown no other way i would recommend it
    even for the beginner who cares about what he is doing and is going along for the ride not just the bud

the more greedy you get with your plants as far as care,,,wanting them to hurry///forcing them to bud// the less happy you will be in the end

COULD NOT HAVE PUT IT BETTER MYSELF:hello:
    peace
    eastman

20. I don't believe that one is automatically "easier" than the other, some will find one to be easier and some the other, so it's a matter of what you can learn and maintain.

For most of us, soil is more intuitive, just that we all have grown a seed or two in our life (who didn't sprout an avocado in kindergarten?), so we understand the idea of a soil grow a little more because we've been exposed to it most of our lives. Hydro therefore has a steeper learning curve.

Hydro also has much narrower tolerances, so if your pH is off by 0.3 in a soil grow that may not be a big deal but it is more likely to be a big deal with hydro.

Hydro also costs more to set up.