What's being a moderator all about?

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by sachidananda, Jan 3, 2013.

1. I mean, I know what a moderator is. I'm just wondering what being one is all about. How does one become a moderator? Is this a paid position? Is this something for which one applies? Etc, Etc, Etc.

Sincerely

2. it aint paid, that much I know hahh

3. Once you make 7000 posts, you're promoted to mod.

4. No no. They updated it!! Its 15000 now buddy.

5. You know what a moderator is, you just don't know what being a moderator is......

6. I thought it was a zillion billion

7. My calculation was wrong. The actual post count requirement is over 9000.

8. True.

9. Ok, thanks for the great replies everyone.

10. Lol i think we might be messing with you man.

Moderators must be considered by rmjl, one of the administrators on this website.

She needs to be able to trust the moderators she considers. That's really the big thing.

Another big thing is how much trouble the individual has gotten into. Doesn't meant an infraction would mean no chance, but it really depends on the situation.

Helping out in general is a good way to be considered too. Generally wanting to help blades, helping the moderators by reporting posts when possible. Stuff like that.

I could be missing out on some stuff, but generally this is what it takes.

11. There's also a secret ritual that we're not allow to discuss upon pain of being drawn and quartered. I can divulge that it involves the Large Hadron Collider, a bottle of boone's farm, several small farm animals, a vat of hershey's chocolate syrup, an industrial chicken feather plucker and two choirs of blindfolded children. Oh and the Swiss Guard usually shows up.

12. And actually I do believe that there will be or is a call for new moderators coming soon. SO more information is going to be forthcoming very soon.

(Serious)

13. Damn the swiss guard is involved now? I thought involving the most expensive scientific experiment ever was overkill enough...

14. Now you know why we almost never add moderators.

15. That guy that posted above you would be a good candidate for a mod ;)

Unless Sheldon disagrees... Then just kidnap him, fuck it.

16. I have all these things already!!! :hello::hello::hello:

17. You have the LHC? Wow...you must be...rich

18. #18 illadelphin, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    edited for me being an idiot.

just expressing interest ;)

19. Illa ---->[​IMG]<---- trolls

20. you would make a great mod Sheldon