What's a scary experience you've had in the wilderness?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by bdeslaur, Jan 15, 2017.

1. I would have soiled myself probably hahah.

2. To be perfectly honest I nearly did. :)
    All I could think was if I turn and run I'll look like food. Stood tall and waited to see what she did.

BNW

3. Would we consider stranded 2miles into the Gulf the wilderness?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would. The sea is the largest wilderness into which humans have ever ventured.

When you were stranded did you say to yourself, "Water, water everywhere....yet no fucking jet ski!"

• Like Like x 1
  5. Actually there was a jet ski... but I was on a kayak with just an emergency paddle blowing my emergency wistle trying to get his attention...he didn't hear me.

6. I was with my then 12 year old daughter watching a trail that bears used to reach a farmers cattle field,I was gonna give it another 10 minutes and move to another spot when I heard footsteps coming from the trail that we had walked in,I thought it was my friend but he never spoke so I turned around and seen a nice sized brown color phased black bear,if I hadn't waited those extra few minutes we would have bumped into him on a 2' wide trail.
    I'm currently waiting the taxidermist to call me to collect my rug,and the meat was so good my 3 oldest daughters now prefer spring bear meat to steak lol.

7. Chased by 2 young bears and the mother in New Brunswick fishing when I was 13 . They charged across the river I dropped my fishing rod and ran like a girl all the way home .:bolt:

8. I've had moments in the mountains where I will go super close to the edge of a rock face or cliff or whatever just to peer out.

my first time doing this was also the first time I realized part of me has a fear of heights.
    I locked up in terror, unable to speak.
    I was brought to such fear that an inner peace actually took over, and I just took a step back and sat down and took it all in.

my love of nature pushes me to walk this line of terror pretty often, and I kind of enjoy it, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Met some Guys in Norcal was smoking an unamed strain I just bought that was Highland Thai crossed with another Sativa... Was a horrible high.... Paranoid AF! 2 many neutrons firing off.... The guys were not real friends so got into an argument and told them 2 piss off..... worst experience when smoking and the sativa paranoia didn't stop, swore I would never smoke anything with Thai genetics again..... This old bearded dude came over to me at the convention and handed me an 1/8th of something called 7thdankush and told me that was why people called bud dank.... He wouldn't speak about the genetics, but said it came from the 7thDan Kush Crew, would alleviate all my anxiety completely and was bred to make humans feel comfortable.... sure enough all the horrible trippy sativa anxt was gone after half a spliff and the comfort set in.... Have never smoked anything like it... The guy seemed full of compassion.... before I finished the spliff I couldn't find him... He saved me from the worst weed I ever smoked.... have never tried 7th Dan Kush again... and no1 has heard of it except this one old couple I came across.... the most euphoric, social comfortable bud I ever smoked... thanks to whoever it was!

• Like Like x 1
  10. When i was 7 me and my parents went to visit my great grandmother who was 105 at the time. She owned 1,000 acres farm that once grew tobacco but years later the government paid her to let them grae pine trees on the property and collect the pine straw.

I went for a walk in the woods by myself which was a normal thing on this farm.....about half hour into the woods walking i came across a 80’s trans am red in color sitting in the woods which was surprising cause why would it be there. Anyway there was two mexican guys standing about 125 yards up from me and the ine started tryin to lure me towards him and the other towards the car. I took off running and they started walking my direction but never caught up. I booked it and i was in great shape i could run for hours. About 10 mins after i had made it back to the house they drive by my great grabdmothers house with all of us on the porch and the driver was staring at me hard. I never really told anyone about it and they never came back the rest of my trip. Lord knows what would have happened

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. years ago, a friend and I got walked up on by some dude with a rifle in his hand while my friend and I were half lost half exploring through some random land. the dude basically told us to turn around and get out faster than we made it there or he'd be finding us.

12. moose are worse they are very territorial and will sometimes randomly charge you. there is a saying we use in sask and it your more likey to be killed by a moose than a bear here. the bears tend to be more frightened but we mainly have black bear.

• Like Like x 1
  13. when i was young i was walking through a golf course we had on outside of town. lots of tree areas aswell we were doing the terry fox as a class and some friends and i decided to cut through one of the trees. well we came across a slew and my buddy spooked a buck i no cause i remember him first yelling. "dear lookout" i looked over and this huge fricking buck was darting for me so i jumped to the left and it ran past me within a foot.

• Like Like x 1