What's a scary experience you've had in the wilderness?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by bdeslaur, Jan 15, 2017.

1. My friend was pissing in the woods and came running out from where he was doing that, screaming all sorts of bloody murder so we haul fuckin ass. After a good half mile, tired, sweating, super fucking high, we sort of stop and let schlomo catch up.

Apparently he was pissing and a hornet stung him on his dick head. He was still crying and shit and we thought a bear or wolf or a raccoon or something was after us. We were really fucked up and super high. It was easy to out run schlomo because he said his dick was so fucking mangled he had to hold his pants away from his junk or he was wracked with pain. The whole time he was trying to figure out why we were running from him. It was pretty fucking funny.

When we asked him what happened he said that mid piss he was kind of singing mumbling something and we remember him doing that. Then a hornet just showed up, flew right to the head of his dick and nailed him, twice, then before he could do a thing it was gone. He said it was stinging so bad he wanted to go to the doctor. So he called his mom who said to go to her house and drop schlomo off.

So we did and he kinda cried the whole way (40 minutes maybe) and we dropped him off amid a torrent of heartfelt apologies and shit. Later he told us his mom wouldn't take him to the emergency room.

Instead, and this is fucking awesome, his mom dumped meat tenderizer on his dick. Because fucking old people and their stupid old world remedies. He said he ended up with a rash and two hornet stings on his pecker. Btw, he was 26 at the time. Schlomo you glorious bastard@!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. around here military dropping out of helicopters bullets flying threw the bush on the river cival l war on the river friends getting killed now that's fuckin crazy

3. Found a partly decomposed body in the desert on Halloween weekend a bunch of years back. Appeared to be an illegal alien that didn't make it and was left to rest in the sun for over 6 months.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Damn, seems like that'd be something that sticks with you.

5. im from Belgium...the scariest thing you can find in the woods there is my mother in law...hahahaha
    but realy ....f***ed up living in bear country no?

6. Nah man black bear is excellent if field dressed and cooled quickly. Big or small it's all about how fast and well you take care of your game. Don't eat a bear that eats out of trash cans, lol.

7. I was hunting for elk and I stepped on a branch and then there was a teenaged brown bear charging at me, so I had to shot it. Thank god I had a large 30oct 6 and I am a good shot or I woulsn't be here typing this. I had to shoot it 4 times and the last shot I took it was maybe 7 feet from me, it died about 2 feet in front of me. Scary day although bear meat is very good.

8. **Note to Self** Find @Annicus when the zombie apocalypse comes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Was fly fishing and had a grizzly come out of the woods stare at me for a good 30 seconds then plod off back in to the bushes.
    Or coming back to my truck a saw cougar tracks in side my own tracks in the sand made from earier in the day.

10. So my buddy and I went into the woods to check out a old Nike base. There was no sigh saying no trespassing and the door was unlocked. So we assumed it was perfectly find to go in. After awhile we are hearing lots of sirens and dogs barking and they are getting closer really fast. So we basically cover ourselves with dirt and plants and lay perfectly still and quiet for like an hour. They get pretty close but eventually go away. We don't know if we were hearing something just near by or if the police was looking for us but it was very freaky.

11. I was driving my new nissan 200sx home and a lightening storm started. Nim nim lights followed me for about 30 mins. Hail bigger than a fist was falling hard on the road, my car should of being totalled, but nothing hit the car.its like i had a shield around the car. Years later I heard aboriginal story's about the lights being protectors. There right about that. I don't expect anyone to believe me, cuz if someone told me they've seen nim nim Iights wouldn't believe them. My dad was in the car to but he wont talk about it.

12. I just laughed too hard at this one. You know sometimes when you're baked you just take these pictures lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. My dude you sure you just weren't baked out of your mind? :D

14. When I was much younger I was in a tree stand on a cold crisp morning when a nice 10pt buck came into range. I waited for a good shot, drew back and stuck him good. I was expecting him to drop right away but instead he ran a short distance to the one place I didnt want him to go. A small ravine full of rocks and surrounded by briars and thorns. I waited, climbed down from my stand and made my way to the ravine. I could sort of see the buck. There was steam coming off his body but I couldn't see anything from his nostrils, no movement, no noise and I could see a large puddle of blood.plus lots of blood on the path he ran. I was sure he was dead. I waited a bit longer, made my way down the ravine and got close to him. He was in an awkward tight spot so I had no choice but to grab his hind quarters and drag him out to bleed and field dress him. I started dragging him when I all of a sudden heard a loud snort. Then he started to stand up. I was directly behind him at this point so i pushed him to the side in case he kicked. The buck went into complete freak out mode, managed to turn around and face me. There wasn't much I could do but grab him by the rack I tried twisting his neck and getting him to roll over on his side but it wasn't happening. He let out a couple huge snorts, put his head down and started pushing. There was nothing I could do at that point but hang on. He ran me back over the rocks for about 10-15 yards. Might as well been 10-15 miles or so it seemed. He pushed me into the side of the ravine and came to rest on top of me.i rolled him off and finished him off. My adrenaline was pumping.

By this time my dad had heard the commotion and came to investigate. I was sitting next to the buck trying to catch my breath and covered in blood, both mine and the bucks. My dad asked if I was ok. I took a second and said yes.he just looked at me sternly and said that's not how you do that....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Best fatherly advice ever!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

16. hmmm something epic,

I was camping with my dad for a dragon boat rally maybe the age of 6 or 8. I was watching from the dock with my feet in the water. and a letch clinged onto my foot:eek:. I though it was a leaf but it didn't come off. i scraped it on the ground some and pulled it off. at the time it was disturbing how much of a hold it had on me lol.

17. I'll buy it off you

18. Hiking in the Southern California mountains. As I rounded a curve in the trail I came face to face with a full grown female Mountain Lion. She looked, I looked, She did this shrug and walked off the way she came leaving me to sit and freak a while.
    :)
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was on a hike in Pisgah Nat'l Forest, not far from Great Smoky Mtns Nat'l Park. After setting up my camp for the night I took my bow saw into the forest to collect firewood. I was sawing away & heard something coming thru the thick underbrush near me, figured it was a deer but, turned out to be a very large boar.

Back in the 1700's, a British Lord imported Russian Boars to his lands for hunting. The result is a hybrid boar that we have in this area today. Those bastards are dangerous, they'll kill & eat you. My rifle was leaning against a tree near my tent...about 50 yards away.

I threw my bow saw at him & ran like my ass was on fire. That bastard chased me until I scrambled over some large boulders & jumped down the other side, made the dash to my camp & my rifle. Waited a bit & no sign of the bastard so, I went back to the pile of boulders & picked up his tracks. I heard him before I saw him & when I did see him, I put him down.

Never leave your rifle in camp when you are in an area with dangerous fellow earthlings.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I was walking alone thru the woods, every sound striking horror in me. Is it a pack of wolves i thought to myself? Am i about to be eaten?
    Needless to say there was nothing that interfered with my physical body.
    Scariest time ever.

The mind is a powerful thing.

But i did run into a black bear on foot. luckily it fled

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1