Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's a good way of speaking with your doctor?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by artyfarty, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Greetings all, I live in Denver Colorado and as cool as it is becoming out here, the medical marijuana thing is still so hush hush, in my book. I had recently went to see this new doctor because I've been dealing with chronic pain for the last 21 years due to a motorcycle accident that crushed my left leg. Although still intact, missing flesh and having the foot peg go through my leg as well as 7 breaks has created an intolerable amount of pain. So I see this doctor and he tells me to get into doing alternative treatments. To which I tell him I have been adopting alternative methods for pain controll and tell him that the use of Cannabis helps my pain substantially. He then tells me that he can not prescribe it due to federal recommendations. I then counter with the whole "But you can recommend it.", deal and he just smiles and leaves and comes back with 3 prescriptions to Vicadin, Tramadol, and 600mg Motrin's. So how do you approach a doctor about the whole recommendation thing I thought I was pretty upfront about things.

2. you might not want that docter. just flush those things and when the subscriptions are done by the refill date thing, go to him and tell him they didnt mork. he will probably not understand how, and thats when you can say, all that seems to help me is cannabis and then swindle him into bleiving you. just look in pain and you should be ok. good luck man

3. my best advice would be is to do some research. find a doctor in you area who is more liberal. there are usually a few doctors in every city that have a 'rep' for understanding and prescribing the use of pot.

4. Just be blunt (pun intended) and ask the doctor. Seems like he knows about the uses of MMJ, so maybe he may write a rec for you. If not, maybe ask him if knows anyone who would.

5. Thanks guys, the whole process is most frustrating and having all these Doctors that play mind games with you doesn't make the process any easier. I believe I'll see him some more and then drop the MMJ bomb on him again.

6. 98% of doctors will look at you with a 'whaaaaaaaat?' type of face and then chuckle or be serious and think you're wasting his time