Whats a good first-time growing strain?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dma251, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I'm getting ready to grow one or two plants in soil indoors in a refridgerator with 4 2' t5 HO bulbs and flow-through ventilation. I have most of my equipment now (2ph, ppm, humidity meters, etc) and have read the Grow Boss's book on first time growing.

What is a good strain to attempt my first grow with? I really want to keep this at one or two plants, so I can learn the basics.

I would like a strong, cerebral effect, something that increases my brain activity, and not anchor me to my couch.

Thanks in advance!

2. If you have never grown start with bag seeds so that way if it dies you havnt wasted your money on seeds thats what im doing... still learning. This site will really help you if you have ANY questions.

3. [quote name='"dma251"']I'm getting ready to grow one or two plants in soil indoors in a refridgerator with 4 2' t5 HO bulbs and flow-through ventilation. I have most of my equipment now (2ph, ppm, humidity meters, etc) and have read the Grow Boss's book on first time growing.

What is a good strain to attempt my first grow with? I really want to keep this at one or two plants, so I can learn the basics.

I would like a strong, cerebral effect, something that increases my brain activity, and not anchor me to my couch.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

I would try c99. Its a shorterr sativa. Good for a small grow.

As for an overall good strain I started with aurora from nirvana.... hardiest strain I have. She puts out no matter what

4. White Skunk

SSC has them for around 3.15 a seed (regular)