Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's a good alternative to cheese cloth?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by FreeWorld03, Mar 22, 2013.

1. What's a good alternative to straining with cheese cloth? I have a strainer, but I think the holes would be too big for straining canna milk, canna oil, or canna butter??

2. An old, clean, t-shirt. I would try to use one without fabric softener. The thin under shirt kind.
    Works better than cheesecloth to some people.

3. Suggestion- I would use just the wire mesh strainer first, then re-strain your liquid with the cloth as a filter. If you leave the big chunks of plant material in there, your liquid strains slower! :cool:

Also, the cloth you use should be pre-wet with some of the non-infused liquid. The cloth always absorbs some of the liquid into its fibers. Why waste even a drop of the good stuff? ;)

I have used a piece of cotton sheet as a filter, but that takes "forever" to drain through. However, it gives a nice clean-looking product. :cool: Almost any clean loose-weave cloth will work, but I do prefer natural fiber cloth for this. If you use cloth with synthetic fibers in it and are doing oil, LET IT COOL before straining! Some synthetic fibers have low melting points, and you don't want melted fibers in your canna-oil! :eek:

Granny :wave:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I ended up using a reusable coffee filter. Worked OK, but I had a hard time getting the last of the liquid out from behind the large chunks.

5. Coffee filters always work fine for me, if i can't find my usual strainer.

6. My cheese cloth is on the way! Gotta love Amazon!:D:p

7. This sounds odd, but clean pantyhose works FANTASTIC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I realize this is an old thread. I think I have a great alternative to the cheese cloth, strainer method. No one has mentioned using a wheatgrass juicer. Check out how well it gets the oil out of the buds.

• Like Like x 2