Whats a better book?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tackyyy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. The first one %100 that's an amazing book! All growers should have that one IMO.

2. If you have a barnes and nobles Id say go check em out in person...Marijuana Horticulture is stunning when looking at all the different color pages and pictures....very awesome worth the money....cant say to much about the other one

3. Jorge Cervantes will never steer you wrong.

4. Go with cervantes...And midwest I second the color pics...So amazing haha

5. #6 chiefton8, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    I own both and here's my opinion: The Cervantes book is incredible, lots of amazing pictures and it really is a fantastic resource. However, as a first time grower looking for answers to simple questions (like how often do I water?) are difficult to find. I find this book to be more of a resource rather than a simple, step-by-step type tutorial. On the other hand, the Greg Green book is very good at this. Reading this book cover to cover, I believe, will give you a better idea of what to do if you're a true beginner and want a step-by-step guide. Once you've read this, then read the Cervantes book to learn more about the details. In other words, they compliment each other very well but each one on their own lacks something the other provides.

6. I have both books. They both have really good information. Both have information that the other doesn't have or cover. That's why you should buy both. I like Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes the best.However there are a couple of things lacking in both books in my opinion. Both books do not go into great detail on the intricacies of hydroponics. They both talk about the different hydroponic systems, pH , EC/TDS and nutrients....that's it! If you want to learn about hydroponics you have look at other resources. Both have a lot of information on growing in soil. And the other thing that I wish both books would cover, is the anatomy of ballasts. Like the components and wiring inside. So that you can build and repair your own system. Marijuana Horticulture covers HID light bulbs, but not the ballasts. All this information is available on line though. You just have know where to look. Like here in the city. You have to read, read, read and then read some more. Be a book worm. Consume all that information!;)