Whats a ballast

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Alpha male, Aug 10, 2007.

  1. Yah I am gonna use Flouresent lighting for vegative and flowering, but I was to stupid and I only bought bulbs and I have nothing to screw them in to. Well after some searching I came across somthing called a ballast what is this for exactly and can I use it to light cfl's, or if I can't what do I buy to light cfl bulbs im thinking regular ol lamps should work. Thanks.

    40w bulb and 100w bulb Compact floresent lights.
  2. No you don't need a ballast for CFLs, they screw into normal light sockets that you have in your home which you can buy at any home improvement store, probably wal-mart, etc. Ballasts are used for High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps and some fluorescent lighting (T12s for example).
  3. Thanks for the help, theres all kinds of lights I can use and I got confused.

    Oh and I did search google and these forums all I could find is that they were used to attach lights to it or somthing similiar.

Share This Page