Whatchu think? (my setup)

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by LankySwag, Nov 4, 2011.

1. I dont really understand all the components to it, but does everything look fine and will everything fit right?

2. you got an 18mm bowl for a 14mm downstem?

3. the bong comes with everything you need. why add extra downstem and bowl?

4. this explains it

5. I don't really like tall bongs.

6. Someone explain to me how the downstem effects the bowl exactly?

And someone explain to me the sizes and shit, what does > mean

like 18.8>14.5

buying a downstem cuz someone said it helps the bong a lot

whats the difference between a tall and a short bong? cuz they have the little bitch which is a little cheaper and shorter

7. #8 flammzrant, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
    For the downstem, 18.8>14.5 means 18.8mm outside fitting joint, 14.5mm inside fitting joint.
    Meaning the inside joint on the bong should be 18.8mm (or 18 or 19, all the same) too and the outside of the joint on your bowl should be 14.5mm (or 14)

So for the bowl and downstem you've currently selected, you would want the 14.5mm bowl instead of the 18.8mm you currently have selected.

As far as height goes, that's all personal preference. I don't like reeeally tall, I prefer around 10in-16in, but that's all up to you, yours is just under 20in.

And like shitloaf said, if the bong comes with a bowl and downstem (which it does), you don't need to get the additional ones, though it is never bad to have backups, plus the ones you have selected will be better than the ones the bong comes with since the downstem is diffused and the bowl has a built in screen.

Also, as you can see in the product description, the downstem the bong comes with is 18.8>14.5 with a 14.5mm slide.

Also, if you didn't notice, that bong also has a carb hole.

You're lucky I was feeling nice today. They really need a guide for this sticky'd.

Please do not +rep me.

//thread.

8. Get rid of the downstem and bowl and get a bong for $90 instead of $60? Lol

9. For the diffuser it gives you the option of a bunch of different sizes.

Is the bigger the better or what?

10. Bigger has more airflow is all, not very important in a tube with no percolators.
    In the future, higher airflow is important for using a perc to it's full potential.

You're fine with the bowl with a built in screen, it will have better airflow than the stock bowl the bong comes with, plus it'll keep ash out better.

If you go bigger, it might not fit.
    The inside fitting of the joint on the bong is 18.8 so your only downstem options are 18.8>18.8 or 18.8>14.5

11. Thanks man, youre really helping me!

But i know that i need an 18.8mm>14.5 which is what im getting, then it says choose size, and so the bigger just has more airflow?

Is that a plus?

Im prob just gonna go with whatever is in the middle

12. Like I said, in a tube like yours with no percs or anything, airflow isn't very important.

I know it says the joint size for the bong is 18.8>14.5 which is referring to the stock downstem it comes with.
    If it's giving you an option besides that, I'm assuming it's 18.8>18.8?
    The size choosing is for the downstem correct?

13. Option its giving me is

[​IMG]

14. Oh, that's just the length.
    I'd get whatever's closest to the length of the one it comes with.

Length does not affect air flow at all, what it does affect is how much water you need to put in your bong so that it covers the diffused portion of the downstem.

Screenshots make it so much easier lol

15. For real.

Props on the screen shots OP, you may not know much about bongs just yet but atleast you know the right way to ask for help. Cheers bud. :)

16. Forreal.

17. This is my final cart (hopefully)

[​IMG]

I changed from the ghetto bitch to teh little bitch lol

The little bitch is 18.8

Should everything be fine and fit and all?

18. Looks good :)

19. well everything except the papers ;)