What Your Playlists Say About You

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by SleepyShoegazer, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Pretty interesting article:

What your iPod playlist says about you | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

I partly agree with it. But that's probably because I'm a music dork, and I have a bad habit of judging people when it comes to their music preference (in my defense, however, I'm usually correct).

2. I completely agree with you, and I have the same (un?)fortunate tendencies when it comes to judgment.

3. i understand the judgments based on playlists but i dont think ive ever been judge-able ... here s a sample list of artists..

Daft Punk
    Pantera
    Dave Matthews Band
    John Coltrane
    Mozart
    Dethklok
    Duran Duran
    Junior Brown
    Tech N9ne

i think the only thing that can be concluded is that i dont like chick singers lol.

4. I usually get blank stares. :p

5. #5 BostonSteez4~20, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    I have so many different types of music on my playlist. I can appreciate any well thought out, good music (not mainstream). But one other thing, I hate when I get weird looks because I listen to "techno". Theres more types of electronic music than all the otther genres of music put together probably. I like some and think some is shit. Its all personal opinion but I hate how people think theres only techno and that its weird when theyve most likely never looked into it themsleves.

..Anyways I listen to alot of 90s hip hop and classic rock too.

6. Yea I definitely stereotype people by what music they listen to, but the funny thing is I'm right 99% of the time.