What you think bout this light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xCrazYBuds, Jun 14, 2021.

1. I was just wondering if anyone has used this light before.

Link to Light

Im sure this would be better than what I currently have now for the flowering stage. But any thoughts would be awesome.

2. The price is right, $69 for 100 watts.
    It's hard to know whether the specs are honest, but if so, it's an excellent bargain.
    Personally I'd consider getting one if I needed light.

My opinion is that the name brands are usually over-priced.

3. Its a cheap 100w light. what more u wanna know? Might flower a single little plant ok.

4. Pretty reasonable price for what it is. A 200w spiderfarmer will run you $300. That will put down a similar amount of output, in theory, for half that. SF (or hlg) is a superior product imo, but it's up to you whether you want to spend the extra money. Not sure you will notice much difference in yield. Where I notice the difference is in build quality and reliability. I run mostly all sf or hlg gear now, but ran all kinds of different lights before I invested in what I have now. If you go with that light,I would buy one for every 2 square feet of footprint you are using to flower (40-50w/sq. ft. is what i shoot for).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Here's a name brand alternative, $149 for the same 100 watts.
    I didn't see micromoles per joule listed, which is a bad sign.

If the specs are accurate, your light should work about as well as the much more expensive name brand lights.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. You tube it . I watched the test par video on that light.
    Buy it its a solid light . There are better for more cash. But its a smoking deal .

7. That light is only 100w. It goes on to day in the description that its "200w HID equivalent". Not sure where that 1000w they state comes from lmao.

8. For sure...I was assuming 2 of them for $140’ish vs 1 sf-2000 for 3 bills for the same 200 w draw.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I wouldn't buy it. Because, they say 1000W; what does this refer to? The light is 100W (they say...), and then they say it compares to a 200W HID, so where does 1000W come from? bs ad.

I can buy a 120W 48v transformer for <$30. I can buy 2 x LM301b strips (called HinFlux call#SL B8V4N90LAWW) for ~$26 a pop (from digikey). Those use LM301B tagged and serial #'d from Samsung themselves.

That's $82 for a 120W light. So how can these guys beat Samsung? They can't and must be lying. Its already been shown that Samsung has had to sue companies for fraud; there's so many out there now, its hard for them to keep up.

Therefore, based on their already noticeable fraud, I would expect them to be 100% fraudulent and not purchase this product.

Beyond that, you can already purchase 4xQB120 boards for $99, adding 2x 120W transformers (when needed), you would have an authentic, warrantied light that is more manageable (since 4 x 60w lights is better than 1 (maybe) 100w light)...

"I'm too poor to buy cheap goods".

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hell hlg is top of line and actually cheaper than most big name brands. Probably due to increased sales lowering product prices. People are finally making the switch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Personally I would stay away from any manufacturer that uses these shady marketing tactics of trying to mislead consumers by calling a 100w lamp “1000w”

As for why they call it 1000w, they use a shady logic that since the lamp has 100 diodes and each can be powered up to 10watts max then they can say call it a 1000w lamp. Deceptive marketing...

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. This right here. The lights I'm running (HLG QB96 Elite V2) are now $69 from $99 when I got 4 two years ago. Combined with a good driver they can blind you easily. I have 4 in my tent and that's honestly too much for the autos I'm growing, but Or_Grow and Soil2Coco did some amazing threads 3-4 years ago on these lights and with 4 were able to get 1000 PPFD across the canopy no problems. Their photoperiod grows were amazing. They're efficient, not too hot (unless you run them full blast) and have a great spectrum.

It's worth it to shell out a little more $ for decent lights, imo.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buy this light. Its the same .
    Also this guy tests the lights .
    There is zero reason to spend 1500 on a light

14. Yea I just need something else for flowering my plants, they are under 2 4 foot led shop lights and it seems to be ok. But IK they wont do that good in flower with those lights.

15. Buy it .

16. Looks like a viparspectra
    You can get a 250w actual draw light for 188$. There p2500 model