What you learnt late in life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BurnStoner, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Tell us what you learnt late in life; from personal experiences to stories you have heard and verified.
    For me, I learnt to read a book when smoking joints...The imagination makes the book reading awesome. It’s like traveling in the subconscious of the author . Amazing stuffs .

• Like Like x 1
  2. That a home mortgage is 30 Years - so if you dont want to be still paying when youre 70 - start young.

THIRTY YEARS.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That almost every man will make you feel like a queen, but once they're fulfilled you're just a common whore.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Having a career is expensive and overrated .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Education does mean more money when working

more education more money ...repeat

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I’d like to think that youre wrong and just havent stumbled across your own true, completely and absolutely dedicated life partner - for good and bad, thick and thin - NO MATTER WHAT partner.

I’m positive men feel the very same way - but of course you’ll know it when it happens.

GOOD LUCK.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Would you agree that its really a combination of both education AND experience in your field?

I dont always believe that education always equates to a guaranteed career. I’ve seen kids (people) go through the college process wnd because they either chose completely unrealistic career fields, or they just breezed through, they came out owing a $100k and ended up working in a completely unrelated field.

I absolutely agree with your post - providing a realistic career is chosen after doing the homework and looking at statistics in the chosen field.

A Masters degree in Tolkien or Rap doesnt always earn a stable paycheck lol - although -

I knew a fella that his grandmother left him a mess of money - money to
    Be divvied out monthly for the rest of his life - providing he graduated from college.

He got an actual degree in English Literature - specifically JRR Tolkien.

j

• Like Like x 1
  8. experience too is everything but not as far as current tech goes,
    I've been replaced by tech 2-3 times in my life so far ...all due my boss to cut costs

I blame myself for not seeing my shortcomings earlier,
    I graduated in communication only to be disgusted with the average pay cheque they make a month
    so moved into other areas

• Like Like x 2
  9. Always always always better yourself right @vostok -

Have a good night dude.

j

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not to lie to anyone. Keep everything honest.

11. The only opinion that matters is yours, people come and go but while they can influence how you see the world don't let it take away from how you want to live in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Don't let this world take away the person you know you are, shit happens but don't let a fucked up decision define you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Life is shorter than you think.

14. That life has chapters and those chapters get completed. Friends. Relationships. Jobs. Careers. Locations. It’s ok to move on and not feel guilty trying to retain all the past experiences. Look forward.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Be kind to others and practice good manners. Kindness is a type of optimism in your interaction with other people that says you're sure they're worthy of your undivided attention. Good manners is a way of showing respect to those you come in contact with as well as yourself.
    If that's impossible because they're assholes, just move on and don't let them drag you down. Don't get into a pissing contest.

• Like Like x 2