What yield can I expect?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by folied, Jul 23, 2009.

1. I know its hard to tell what kind of yield to someone will get, but using this information what do you guesttimate my yield could possibly be?

Soil: Fox farm Happy Frog with Fox farm Big Grow, Fox Farm Big bloom, Fox farm tiger bloom as nutes

250 MH VEG/ 250 HPS flower

40 days veg 2 months flower

Using a pretty decent size closet so no grow box or any height/width limiting facots

2 Northern Light from Nirvana grown from seedling

Gonna probably be doing a journal as I'm still getting everything set up. Just getting excited thinking about what my yield will be. 2 ounces atleast I hope?

I have all the equipment and now I'm just doing test runs on the light to make sure it wont explode or fall or set my house on fire and then I'm ready to go!! sorry im just too excited ..

2. once my seeds germ I'm going to be making a indoor grow posting new pictures and things maybe biweekly so I'm hopin for as much help as I can get don't wanna screw this up.. 400+ invested.

another question right now i dont have any reflective material on the wallas and now I can actually see how much light is wasted. Could I go buy tons of tinfoil and tape it to the walls?

3. no foil!!
    Go to the camping section of Walmart and buy an emergency blanket. They're under $2. Or paint flat white.

4. tinfoil is a myth ...your plants will be fine if you use it ...it isn't going to cause burn spots( and it is a myth I perscribed to for years BTW...but its BS, not trying to be a dick Smokemfatty..it just is :eek:)

persoanlly I say white paint ...much easier to clean ..and is actually more reflective then foil.

also if you want some suggestions ...don't have a set time to veg, veg untill you can see preflowers, and are sure your plants are mature ( your smoke will be better and yeilds will be upped)

also what sized pots you intend on using ? You will want to thave a 4+ gallon pot to finish in ( 5 gallon buckets are the cats ass of cannabis growing pots BTW) quicker and bigger root expansion will lead to bigger and better buds

other then that ..DONT OVER WATER !!!!!!! ( lols don't worry everyone does it at first ;) )

peace and good luck

PS I know this is not what you want to hear ...but be happy if you get a harvest your first grow. the weight of your yields will improve from there I promise.

5. idk what size gallons of pots im growin in but they are bigger than 5 gallon pots for sure.

6. if the foil gets crinkled it can focus the light just like a mirror held at the right angle and to say it won't burn holes in your plants is bullshit cuz it can and has . its happened to me when i first started i had foil all over then after a few weeks of growing and more reading i discovered how horrible it was and sure enougth when i took a closer look at my plants i noticed tiny burn holes in some of the fan leaves ...no nutes good soil grow . i know it was the tin foil that did it so i ripped it off and painted everything white which in reality reflects more usable light back at the plants then foil .

look it up you can be succesful with foil but why bother when its not as effective and CAN damage your baby girls.

7. Although I could be wrong, I believe Northern Lights to be a sativa strain. I would recommend flowering more than 2 months--60 days is about a bare minimum on ANY (indica) strain.

NL might require as much as 12-14 weeks flowering before it's ready to harvest. You shouldn't grow solely on a time schedule, but really harvest when the plants are ready.

8. Agreed with letting the sativas go a little longer. Get a cheap microscope off eBay or on the net and let the color of the trichomes decide when the flowering is done. Only use the calendar as a rough guide - you don't want to find out the hard way after your cure that your plant needed just a few more days...:smoking:

And best of luck dude :)

9. #10 ricard0, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2009
    :confused:
    FYI:
    NL varieties are mostly Hybrids. A mix of Indica and Sativa. Flowering time is 8-9 weeks. On the early finishing side of an indica strain if you ask me. NL#5 is described as 100% Indica.

Nirvava clearly advertises their NL as Pure Indica. However, under the strain description, it states that it is "Mostly Indica".

10. Agreed........ and disagreed. Flat white paint will work well. But, if you use a light meter to measure the light reflected off of tin foil, it won't register very much on the meter. ;)