What would you use

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Shark bait, Sep 13, 2012.

1. building a 5 1/2 foot by 8 foot flower space, and 5 1/2 by 4 foot veg space.

WHAT WOULD YOU USE FOR LIGHTS?

I already have 1 600 watt HPS, going to buy more tomorrow

Peace:hello:

2. 2 1k watt HID for the flower room
    i have 2 1k in a 4x8 tent and run my t5 4' 8 blulb which is 435w and that covers my 4x4 tent plenty.

3. [quote name='"LilJ86"']2 1k watt HID for the flower room
    i have 2 1k in a 4x8 tent and run my t5 4' 8 blulb which is 435w and that covers my 4x4 tent plenty.[/quote]

Should I add 2 600s as I already have 1 600?

I also have a 200 LED that is currently in my 1.5x1.5 tent with some CFLs

In my flower box I have a 90 UFO LED and some CFLs

Thanskb

4. Haha well shit, first you have a 600 now you have another 300 in LED! lol whats the actual wattage on the LED? Every grow is slightly different, ive never run LED so youd know more about those then i would. if heat isnt an issue in the veg space then rock 2 of em.

5. #5 Shark bait, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    [quote name='"LilJ86"']Haha well shit, first you have a 600 now you have another 300 in LED! lol whats the actual wattage on the LED? Every grow is slightly different, ive never run LED so youd know more about those then i would. if heat isnt an issue in the veg space then rock 2 of em.[/quote]

The actual watts of the LEDs are 200 and 90, I believe, I have been thinking about using the 200 watt in flower for the spectrum, and as extra light. Never thought about putting it in the veg space. I will ponder that for awhile. When I wrote this post, I left out the LEDs to see what peps would do with out them, I listed the 600, as it's brand new still in the box, just got 5 days ago for the new space

6. Try to contact , rhapsodyrcks

hes the guy with the most knowledge on LED

7. saw his stuff before I bought my 200 watter, if I could afford the expense I would go almost all LED, I believe they are great, and will always have some in my rooms.

Thanks
    &
    Peace:cool:

8. I'd go with the one 600 for veg and get 2 more 600's for your flower the 600 watt has the best watts to lumes conversion so less wasted energy

9. on rollitup.org, it was suggested to use a t-5 8 lamp for veg? good bad or ugly idea?

10. [quote name='"Shark bait"']on rollitup.org, it was suggested to use a t-5 8 lamp for veg? good bad or ugly idea?[/quote]

That's what I use and love it!!