What would you say my chances are

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyBanana404, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Well me and a bunch of my friends got arrested a couple days back. We were pulled over cause supposovly an off duty officer saw us "smoking dope". Well i won't go into great detail about it but I'm getting charged with "ingestion of marijuana". I have court in about 2 weeks and I'm probably gonna plead not guilty. They have no proof that i did except the cops word of it, since i had nothing on me. So what would you say the chances are that i get away with is? Also is there any chance they'll drug test me?

2. yeah, thats a bullshit charge. possesion is illegal, selling is illegal, but strangely enough I know of no laws about actually smoking it

3. There are no federal laws regarding the ingestion of marijuana. I've never heard of that charg e(but I'm no lawyer). I'm sure a few states, counties, or even cities can have laws about the ingestion of marijuana.

First of all, the gov't can't tell us what we can and can't put into our bodies. Its a direct violation of the constitution. But the gov't CAN tell us what we can and can't OWN, so posession is where they nab us.

4. Being on drugs in public is a crime in many places. With that said, there is a good chance that the charges will be dropped. If you plead not guilty and take it to trial the judge/DA will often not pursue the trial because of insufficient evidence. If you show that you are willing to follow this through they may decide to move on to something more important. No judge/DA wants to waste time over something so trivial. They have real criminals to worry about. I would almost guarantee that they will offer you some sort of drug class and community service to not go to trial, but I would not take the deal if I honestly thought they had no case.

5. Alright got this over with. I would have tooken it to court but they woulda UAed me and had another guy testify against me. I didn't wanna deal with that shit so I took the offer of community service and a couple drug and alcohol awareness classes.