What would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by JuniorDavis, Sep 4, 2011.

1. So I'm looking into buying a Vape or a Hookah. Reason being the wife and I smoke and she's pregnant and I really want something a little more. Clean to use. Get away from the smoke.

I recently tried hookah at a local bar. And loved it :hello:. I wouldn't mind smoking out of a hookah but the wife cant smoke hookah while pregnant.

So are there issues smoking straight weed out of a hookah?

Anyone know of a vape that is good. the vapes I have tried get super hot and the bud tastes like junk =[. It might just be the vape I'm using.

Any advice appreciated! :wave:

2. Everyone says mflb

3. That thing is tiny. Does it get hot? when I did hookah I had no issues with heat (Due to size?) and it didn't taste like smoke/junk. Just hit smooth.

4. #4 3iggy, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I've personally never used one but never heard of anyone to really complaint about it

5. #5 Doughnut, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011

Yah if you wanna be stealth or whatever.

Otherwise buy a proper in door vape...you wont look back...

I have a Iolite hand held, which (imo) does compare to the MFLB, its a good product, for a newbie vaporiser its perfect and gets you very stoned...

However I also have a SSV vape...Which doesnt even compare to my Iolite...The thick vapor clouds, intense flavor, custom temps really does open up the world of vaping...

The accessories that 7th Floor offer are really good as well.

Failing that my money would be on a Extreme vape, you know the one with temp display and it comes with everything included for $200, ive forgot the name.

Edit:

My Iolite is hotter than what i'd like, and I cant see how the MBFL will be any different, heating element isnt very far from mouth piece is it?

Even my SSV runs hotter than I'd like and so I use a water bong with it...

If you got the cash, buy both. One portable, one home vape.

6. I own a volcano it is amazing but go for a good cheap vape like silver surfer or v tower i think its called.

7. SSV(silver surfer) or DBV(da buddha) both made by same people., both excellent products. you wont regret either.

8. I hear the mflb is hot and dry, because it is so small there isn't much time for the vapor to cool off. All vapes will probably be like that though, except there are some that you can attach to a bong downstem though, and wha-la you have cooled vapor.

9. Moneys not an issue at all. What would compare to a hookah? Im not looking for anything portable. Just something to toke at the house with. The SSV has custom temps?

10. #10 Doughnut, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    It has a temp control knob, it doesnt tell you what temp its set to...So its a case of setting to your taste. From what I read about Weed Vape temps the higher you go the more body high its supposed to be as opposed to head high...

If money isnt an issue and you dont need a hand held, it would be a waste of money.

SSV/DVB or http://arizer.com/store/21-the-new-extreme-vaporizer.html would be my choice.

Also theres no plastic near the heating element of the SSV/DVB...

Volcano definately is another candidate, but the price put me off.

11. The SSV is a home unit right? I'm thinking im going to go with that.

12. check out the vape thread my friend. just drop by with a quick post of your situation , if money is no issue put that. and if your worried about discretion or anything.

The top 3 vapes ithink you will be referred to are dbv ssv and purple days.
    edit- yes ssv is home unit. a great one.

13. Thanks guys.

14. Yeah home unit buddy.

Edit:

Dont forget, after you buy one, come back on here and tell us how you're getting on with it.

When I first hit my SSV, I thought it was crap, 30 seconds later I didnt realise weed could ever be so intense...

15. :laughing:
    couldnt have said it better doughnut.
    took a night to get used to my dbv, but once i realized how to get the hits i wanted. i was coughing in the best way and feeling oh so right

16. I'm going with the SSV :metal:. I'll def let you guys know once I get it. I wanted something close to the hookah but a lot of people mix with hookah and due to the wife atm can't do that. So ill probably buy a hookah later on. But for now the SSV is my choice. It looks promising.

Thanks again.

17. mine still makes me cough if im not careful and i've had it almost a year...:eek:

lately ive been trying out different fluids for the water bong, so far my favorite is HOT black earl grey tea...the flavours of the two and the extreme smoothness of the hot water (i didnt believe until i tried) is amazing...

18. dont worry im with you on that one, i love the cough the vape gives, its like a tickle haha.
    :eek:
    ive never tried anything else in my bong but hot/cold water, does it stain?

19. it does...

but i use a very simple bong that cost 9euro in amsterdam...

however i clean it with ease, dump some clothes washing up powder inside, hot water, block off all holes, shake...

it fizzes and then is left sparkling clean...

20. Good choice. Just so you know, because I didn't see it answered, I wouldn't ever recommend buying a hookah for weed. They can work, but its not very practical or efficient. If you want a good way to combust weed that is more filtered then I would look at a bong with a carbon filter and a lot of diffusion, but really, if health is a concern I would stick to a vape. Hookahs are made to use a coal, which can work with weed but often a lot gets wasted, and there is very little filtration, so it would be very very harsh. The shisha smoked in a hookah is washed and flavored and covered in honey/molasses/glycerine, so most of what you inhale is vaporized flavors and honey/molasses/glycerine....not just smoke like you would get from weed.
    If you haven't already gotten the vape then I would alo look at other brands if you haven't yet. Things to consider are (in no order): the supreme vape, myrtle zap, purple days, herborizer, herbalaire, extreme Q, volcano vape. Some are more efficient, some are easier to use, bag vs. whip, temp control, fast heat vs. slower but leave on all day...etc.

Now, if you want a hookah to smoke shisha, then go for it, I love mine and use it very frequently, and I would recommend getting a khalil mamoon hookah, usually around $100-150 and considered to be pretty much the best you can get.