what would you recommend, fimm or top?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 3stacks, Jan 16, 2011.

1. for the biggest yield. im using a 150 watt hps currently growing 2 plants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Either one, they are basically the same thing.

I usually wait till there are 5 nodes and remove everything above the fourth. But that's a straight topping and much easier for my old eyes.

Wet

3. Neither... LST man. haha :D

4. well i fim the first time after 4-5th node then Low stress training and rest i top.

5. I top only, fims give me nothing but problems.
    When I fim it seems to take a week and a half to get back to good growth and the entire plant seems to slow down some, when I top it gets back to good growth in less then a week and the rest of the plant seems to keep going strong.

I had issues where I would fim a week before transfer but the plant would slow down so much I would get a double headed nugget from the fim spot instead of two distinct heads like when I top, but thats just my observation.

6. I would say both FIM and topping stunts growth, That's why I said LST because you can get the same, and more if wanted, number of tops with that metod and it won't stunt growth, at least not as much as topping or FIMing.

7. #7 halfa380, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
    cuz you got to give it some time.If you fim or top and then make the switch, youll have little branches.in order to have good results yopu have to train your plant constantly and not just top it and a week later make the switch.i do it while its vegging. i fim, let it get some leaf mass then, when its a good clone material, i top, i usualy vege for a month and a half from clone, maybe a little less,but i dont judge it by time i judge it by looks.There is a lot of factors that make the difference. for and example. the better the climate control and lighting, better and faster the growth, and recovery time.also some strains dont respond to fiming or toping that good as some other strains ,it stuns the top growth when you fim or top, while the top is recovering all the strength goes to lower branches, same concept as supercroping.If your whole plant stoped growing, most likely its not from toping or fiming, its something else.

8. since i have two plants im going to lst one and top the other and see how that goes. thanks yall

9. also...just a little tip. with 29 degrees and low humidity youre heading for spidermites.I suggest that you buy some neem oil or lower your temp to 24. those fuckers like roaches. once they move in they wont move out. good luck with your grow

10. what do you mean lower temps to 24?

11. to 24 degrees instead of 29 degrees. im talking about your thermostat. it shows 29 is that temps or humidity?

12. oh that is my humidity. is that an alright level? my temps are 95-97:( im going to move my ballast away from my grow area to see if the temps drop.

13. #13 halfa380, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
    in veg 29 hum. is alright, but the temps got to go.keep it between 70 and 80.see if its posible to move the balast out of the grow area.and sticka fan in there. i have mine runing 24/7 and it helps a lot. dont sparay on your plant anything either it just makes thing worse.control your watering.you want your soil to dry, not completly but almost.that helps the development of the root structure.more healthy roots=more healthy bud.The more the merrier.

14. yeah thats what ima do. jus gota wait till the night cycle so i can unscrew the hps box and remove the ballast and move it to another place

15. youre veging right? youcan turn your light on anytime you want as long as you dont start the flowering ciycle.

16. oh really? didnt know that. thnks for that now i dnt hav to wait 3 hours. i always thought if you mess up the light schedule it can make the plant turn to a hermi.

17. in flowering? Yes in vegg i doubt it

18. i think you litelrly have to rape your plant to turn it in to a hrmie in veg

19. i see, so it can only hermi during flower

wow so i opened my hps and man it was HOTT!!!! that explains the 95-100 degree temps iv been having. i payd $50 bucks for it about 2 days ago. fuck this ima sell it and buy a new one. plus this hps is old school. pics.

anybody know a site that sells 150 watt hps at a reasonable price? maybe with a cool tube?

untill i get a new hps my plants will only have 4 27 watt cfls, 2 each. will it do any harm?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]