What would you rate my first entry?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Wildman850, Aug 3, 2008.

1. I'm really hoping to win a Mad Scientist by doing the Graphic Contest. I just wanna get some general feedback and opinions to see how you guys feel about it. I was thinkin about what kind of picture I'd make when I thought of this and its not really like the other entries in style, but I like the concept a lot, with the woman being solid black but with a large, detailed, dank nug at her fingertips. kinda gives emphasis as to what grasscity.com is about.
    Anyway, what would you rate it from 1 to 10? (10 being amazing, 1 being abysmal)

My first entry:
    [​IMG]

2. id like to see something something more like this, shes too stiff now, and get rid of the pattern filter or whatever.

Attached Files:

3. have her listening to her IPod haha.

[seriously]

4. thats not an ipod fool. thats the spine/arms....

5. I think it's amazing...the background is really warm and pleasing to the eye

Overall it reminds me of Shag's work

My only suggestion would be to try to find a way to make the nug she's holding a little more abstract, everything else is so abstract but then the bud, which should be the focal point, is totally photo-realistic. Maybe experiment with the 'cutout' filter on the weed. Even if you don't though, it's still incredible.

6. Thanks. That was the point I was going for though (for the nug to stand out completely from everything else, so whoever looks at it knows without a doubt what grasscity.com is all about)

7. I like it a lot! Which program did you create it with? Good job)

8. i'm pretty sure that's not what he meant

9. Purely Photoshop and a tablet.

10. I like what you're going for... but I don't really like how it looks right now (to be honest).
    The bud idea is good, but your bud in the pic looks a bit too brown and doesn't really stand out. Maybe it needs a bit of a glow effect?
    The girl is a good idea, but then again I feel she might be too stylized... I would feel better seeing a slight bit more hint of realism in her arm and whatnot.
    That or change her posture, like Herbalisation suggested.

Brighter bud, better posture/slightly less stylized. <-- thats my suggestion.

Awesome start tho!

11. I think it would be better if the bud was more symmetrical.

12. get some danker bud greener!! man some crazy ass bud is what I say:smoke:

13. i'd enter this contest but i'm too cool. plus i don't know how to use photoshop