What would you pay

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Sex_Panther, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Ive been wanting to get a new bong with a honeycomb and/or tree perc, and I found this one below for sale. It isn't any particular brand or anything but I was wondering what you guys and gals would pay for something like this. Thanks in advance :)

1382089797238.jpg

2. 80 tops.

unless it was made with hte right glass.

3. This

But seeing a tree perc in a design, I would guess it's made with inferior or thin glass.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 guest0934092, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    If that's by Jhanpixel, which is what it looks like, he's a blower in SoCal who uses Schott. He does good work; my daily driver is a custom from him

5. Honeycomb percs aren't as good as the hype they get. I would go for a real quality piece on aqualabtechnolologies.com they have everything.

6. like $120 tops

7. Alright well thanks for the input guys, saved me a bit if money.

8. noooo. that couldve been a greattt cheap bong if they didnt add tht tree perc. if it was only the honeycomb i would say60-80 but with that tree perc. keep lookin.

9. #10 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    OP, I see the picture is from ioffer, it's a rip off don't buy from that website. Buy from brotherswithglass.com, aqualabtechnologi es.com (sorry for the space grasscity no longer lets you put their link up anymore they block it out lol), and as a last resort  grasscity.com Seriously, don't buy off of ioffer or anything like that they will take y our money and send you nothing.

10. It's really not allowed to post information to competitors here. Grasscity is affiliated with the headshop, even though run by separate entities. That's why it will try to censor the website when you type it properly.

11. I figured that was the reason why.. And Grasscity's headshop sucks compared to other websites that are legit and ship quicker.

12. #13 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    [quote name="4 Four 2 Twenty 0" post="18856553" timestamp="1382300215"]I figured that was the reason why.. And Grasscity's headshop sucks compared to other websites that are legit and ship quicker.[/quote]Regardless of their shortcomings, you can't advise people on the open forums to other headshops. And grasscity does ship quickly, problem lies with customs since it's glass being shipped from overseas.But I agree there are other headshops out there which have better selection and are based domestically. Just saying we can't talk about them, they enforce that rule strictly here due to the affiliation.

13. That sounds like a weird rule of them limiting what we say but whatever.

14. It's rules set by the guy who pays out of pockets for this forum we post on. I don't think it's so weird for him to make a rule to help support one of his affiliates.

15. My Toro 7/13 says differently...

A tree perc does not mean shitty glass.

16. Toro is the one exception in that...

Tree perc, in most cases, means shitty glass.

I suppose. I have never had another tube with tree percs to comment on(really not a perc guy at all feel like it's kind of a fad) but the 7/13 is really functional. No drag, at all. I feel like it may be a basic perc compared to all that is out now, but sometimes simple is better? :confused_2:

18. Tree percs are considered outdated and yesterday's technology. Most tree perc designs are useless. And many Chinese made bongs have tree perc designs in them and don't function well at all.

Toro is the one company out there that makes a tree perc remotely functionable. But outside of that, they are just a gimmick.

You're better off with a bong not having any percs over tree percs. That is a fine example of simple being better.

19. Straight tube Illadelph beaker all day. Alex K downstem in the upstem A/C = all the percolation I need.