What would you grow?!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by psychmajor82, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Ok, so I am almost midway through my second grow, and the girls are looking amazing! Right now I am growing White Widow, Chrystal, and Ice. They are great plants, but it seems like everyone has grown those. I have been thinking about what I would like to grow next, but I don't want to do a simple grow with "normal" seeds. I want to do one that will make heads turn, force people to subscribe to my journal, stuff like that... So basically here's my question:
    If you had the ability to grow ANYTHING (within reason and also considering availability), in a 9 plant hydro grow like the one in my second grow... What would you grow?? After considering all of the seed bank websites and all that they have to offer, what would you pick? Please voice your opinions because I would like my next grow to be EPIC!!!! Thanks in advance and if you have some extra time, please check out my current grow in my siggy :bongin:

2. Sounds like you have 2 green thumbs or something goin on over there ;)
    Something I have yet to see is Dr.Grinspoon from Barney's Farm
    You grow that and I will sub :wave:

3. I wanna get a strawberry cough x lowryder going.

So it's like a stealth bushy strawberry cough.

4. If you threw Dr.grinspoon in your selection your thread should gain popularity, it is such an interesting strain and I have yet to see it in a grow and I would love to see what this thing turns out like.

I would say any of the strains that have won an award in the past 4 years that have a name everyone knows would definitely turn some heads.

5. If you're up for it try and grow some PROPER Old Mother Sativa. Excellent strain in the right hands.

6. The old school original skunk #1,but you better double up your carbon filters this shit stinks.

7. Good to know that's on my list of strains to grow. I also have the kalashnikova which is the WW/AK47 that is on the list of stuff attitude puts on its 'hey buy this' frame on the list as they are pretty cheap seeds with some name recognition. I also want to do lemon haze and bubblicious both come recommended by folks on this board. I'm not sure I spelled all that right but that's what I'm thinking I'd grow.

8. i want to see some fugu kush!

9. Kushberry also is one I REALLY like.Blueberry X O.G, kush.

10. #10 clodhopper, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    Howdy psycomajor

I bought my first pack of store bought seeds in 98. I have 2 indoor grows each year and i grow 8 strains each year outdoors. Since 98, ive grown hundreds of packs from all of the big breeders:sensi, mr nice, paradise, serious - you name it and ive grown it. Femmed and regular. Unfortunately for me, i found that the vast majority of strains are mediocre and some are just plain old pure hempish bullshit.

Of the supposed 5000 hybrid strains of cannabis, i feel there are probably 3 exceptional sativa's, a couple of exceptional balanced strains and 2 exceptional indica's available in seed form. It turns out that the other 4, 992 arent worth the effort, once youve grown one of the exceptional strains.

For 30 years and thousands of grows, Jack herrer has proven itself to be the most potent sativa that money can buy. A recent poll of growers for sensi seeds listed JH as their favorite smoke by 90% and a high times poll of breeders 2 years ago found that they listed JH as the finest cannabis hybrid ever created. Theyre right. The right SSHaze pheno can come in a close second.

Since 1998. Sensi star has won every 1st place prize of the competition it was entered, including 5 cannabis cup wins. 13 years of being #1 means you are #1. No indica comes close.

Dont follow my lead and throw away thousands of dollars on white widow type bullshit. Go straight out for the the big dogs

11. Jack Herer or Super Silver Haze :eek:

:bongin:

12. I will def check it out ;)

That sounds pretty good as well, going to be difficult with all of these great strains!

That's 2 so far for Dr. Grinspoon! I'm also going to have a look at the cannabis winners over the last 10 years to give me a reference, haha.

Mother Sativa huh... I was thinking of trying to find some rare sativas. I'm actually gonna be in Hawaii for the next week, I heard they have a pure sativa there.... somewhere.... lol

Skunk is awesome and I know what you mean! That stuff stinks sooo good, lol.

Those sound pretty bomb, must have a high THC content. Definitely want some type of haze in there somewhere, and the bubbilicious sound good too ;)

Fugu kush huh? Sounds pretty good, wonder why the name fugu?? lol.

Yeah it's hard to go wrong with OG kush, always a good strain. Blueberry can only make it even better, haha.

Very thought out reply, thank you. I'm definitely considering Jack Herrer, because the smoke is great and I've heard so much about it, obviously a huge fan base. Sensi star sounds familiar, but don't know much about it. If it has won 1st so many times, then I'm definitely going to have to look into it. SS haze is an exceptional smoke too, so thinking about this one as well. Hmmm, so many choices, lol.

Combined in a single grow... That would be a wonderful sight, hehe ;)

13. fugu kush is pre 98 bubba kush x blowfish

blowfish= old g13 x oregon funk x blue dot i rekon (i may be wrong) but blowfish is one of my favorite smokes for sure. id definitely give up my 3 out of four of my plants for one blowfish. no real reasoning besides the fact that i love that strain. Id really like to some some grinspoon as well so add another vote for that.