What would you do?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by tellaisdead, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Sounds like you're a pushover who maybe lets your boyfriend walk all over you, and he's in the beginning stages of becoming completely controlling and possibly abusive, even if just emotionally.

Any thoughts on what you're going to do about this? Please don't just give in to him telling you that you aren't allowed to buy weed without him. Don't be that girl.

2. Oh god no! Lol, he knew about it. Although, he did not approve.. ;L

3. That just seems like an entirely different situation to me.

I apologize if im wrong but something is just screaming at me, "teenage insecurity" on both of the op and her dude.
    And the best friend thing dealio, sounds like it may be out of spite to make her bf pissed off or jealous. That's getting to into the drama for me. I think I already said more then I needed to.

4. Already am. We actually just got into it earlier today. He was high & was hitting on me. It hurt, so I hit him back. I thought we were just playing around - but he looks at me & says, "What makes you think you can fucking wack me?"
    I let him win the arguments, I always end up saying the wrong thing & getting myself into more trouble, anyway..

5. [quote name='"tellaisdead"']

Already am. We actually just got into it earlier today. He was high & was hitting on me. It hurt, so I hit him back. I thought we were just playing around - but he looks at me & says, "What makes you think you can fucking wack me?"
    I let him win the arguments, I always end up saying the wrong thing & getting myself into more trouble, anyway..[/quote]

See you are getting chris browned I fucking called it

6. Why are you with this douche anyway?

7. I agree that it's definitely both of them. She's too insecure to stand up for herself, and he's being extremely controlling. Neither of them seem great at communication. :poke:

But the smoking a bowl with his best friend thing could mean something or it could mean nothing at all. I've smoked many bowls 1-on-1 with my husband's best friend, but it doesn't mean a damn thing. He's married to one of my closest friends, I'm married to one of his closest friends, we have absolutely no sexual interest in each other. We're just friends who both enjoy smoking bowls. :p

8. I have no clue. I ask myself the same question & something in my heart stops me from leaving him. :L

9. ...okay, so you say that "he was high and hitting on you" and then you say you that it hurt so you hit him back.

So he was actually hitting you. And it hurt.

He's hitting you. And trying to control you by telling you that you aren't allowed to buy weed without him. And you're actually giving him the time of day?

Grow some balls and leave this douchebag. Find someone who will treat you right.

10. LOL
    That's all there is to it.
    Re-evaluate your life, girl. Seriously.
    Peace.

11. You mean your heart prevents your brain from working?

Leave him and be with a guy who isn't a complete fuck-knuckle.

12. I just wanted to quote this for added emphasis.

OP, I hope you realize that this is exactly how abusive relationships start. He starts to be all controlling about some insignificant thing, you go along with it because you don't want to be alone or think you're in love with him. Soon he starts to try to control other shit. Maybe tries to control who you're allowed to talk to, who you're allowed to hang out with. This "playful hitting" maybe becomes actual hitting. And then you're just another girl who can't get up the nerve to leave an abusive relationship.

Fucking get out of dodge before it even goes there.

13. Maybe he doesn't want you getting mugged? Otherwise he just sounds like a cocksmuggler.

14. It could mean nothing, but most situations like this, it is something, or one of the two will try to make it something, which causes the bullshit ball to turn.

I absolutely understand your situation though :) I used to smoke bowls with my good friend's wife, while he was at work all the time (she was also a good friend)

See some people would misinterpret this the wrong way but she literally would go home from work early just to smoke bowls with me (I pretty much hung out at their house the whole time). A lot of people who dont have a grip would classify that as fishy, girl leaving work early just to hang with random guy. Everything was chill all the time because there was 0 sexual interest and everybody knew that, plus I liked her sister at the time (who never really liked me back and now hates me) so she would always give me insight on the subject.

Totally pretty much shared the same story except mine has more detail. :)

15. I think you guys are misinterpreting what the boyfriend meant. He is probably worried about his girlfriend not being able to defend herself because drug dealers are criminals, and who knows what type of shit they would try to pull then they see a girl coming with money to buy drugs alone. I'm not saying women are defenseless, but lets be honest they the lack in physical strength in almost every case when compared to men.

16. My sister could probably kick your ass, just sayin.

If he is worried about it then maybe he shouldn't have smoked all the damn weed. Also if he is worried, telling her she can't buy a gram without him is not the correct way of going about being protective.

17. Preach on, Ganja!

18. #38 Mudd, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    if i sang out of tune!

holy shit this thread blew up. i left for an hour and now its three pages.

19. I hear ya. I think the fact that OP said something about the best friend not being interested in her anyway shows that she might have some interest in him.

It all depends very much on the situation, and this situation is admittedly very different from mine (and yours). :smoking:

So then why wouldn't he just be like "can you wait until I'm there with you?" instead of saying that she is not allowed to do that?

I think just the term "allowed" is very telling when it comes to a relationship. I would never tell my husband that he's not "allowed" to do something. He's not a kid and I'm not his mom so I have zero say over what he's "allowed" to do. The way he apparently stated it makes it seem to me that he's not interested in her safety, he's just interested in stopping her from getting weed without him there. Because then she can't smoke it without him, and then she can't be in contact with another guy without him there.

20. You missed the part where OP admitted her BF hits her. He's s douche.