Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by rozal, Nov 23, 2013.

1. I've been smoking for like 1 1/2 years and have kept it on the down low from my mom/family this whole time. It has never been brought up or anything. A few weeks ago I met up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while and made the stupid mistake of staying out till 2:30am, and coming home with bloodshot eyes smelling like a blunt. Obviously my mom wasn't happy and asked me what I had been doing, I told her watching a movie which was true but then she asked if I had been doing anything I shouldn't. I reassured her I was doing nothing wrong (theirs nothing wrong with weed) but she keeps bringing it up now. And tonight I was at my grandparents and my grandma asked what I had been doing all week. I told her not much which was true, I havnt even really smoked since monday, or even seen these friends since the last time (I was trying to lay low for a bit). But then she asked if I had been getting into anything I shouldn't be. WTF? I guess my mom said something... Anyways I honestly WISH I could tell her I'm smoking weed so bad. I don't want my family thinking I'm out doing unmentionables or drinking and driving, etc. And I really want to talk about all the medical benefits from cannabis. Problem is she is like really against all that. Although we've never talked about weed persay she has just told me I should never drink and she has VERY negative views on anyone that does. So I'd assume she's the same for weed.

Now here's the part that pisses me off. My grandma had surgery the next day after I was "caught" (if you want to call it that) and at the same time she is questioning me, she's telling her to make sure she take her pecocets. Its like serious, wtf. Your ok with someone taking legal heroin but not ok with someone smoking some weed and not doing any harm to themselves or others. Shes also real big on advil, excedrin, and pills like that. Always tells me to take that shit when I'm not feeling well when I'd much rather smoke a bowl and actually feel better, with no side effects.

Any advice on what I should do in this situation.

And yes I am 18... I'm in no position to move out right now.

2. Be honest. Fuck what they think.

3. #5 BotanistJJ, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    i understand where you're coming from but she just got out of surgery and im sure she doesnt plant on taking them for the rest of her life...im not saying you dont have a lot of valid points im jut saying that was a poor one to point out.

4. I'm in a similar boat as you. However, my mom doesn't really like pills either. I had to explain to my dad that majority of pain pills are legalized heroin because he's too dumb to realize that not all heroin/pill addicts choose it and some are almost forced into addiction... Ignorance is a very annoying thing. I'm 18 and in no position either, but stay strong. Just keep smoking and doing you.

Maker Guide You.

5. their seems to be a big misconception between illegal and legal my mother is just like this she has brought me up all my life telling me that all drugs are bad and she was correct for most of the part I grew up, got curious and wanted to see for myself,  I fell in love with it after being a person that drank and chained smoked cigarettes all the time in my early teens 4 years of smoking I have tried to show positive scientific studies about weed to my mother and she wont have it at all she still stands by what she use to say but what she should realise is that since I have smoked weed for 4 year I gave up smoking cigarettes cold turkey and alcohol but their is no convincing some people a can understand where she is coming from because I was gullible before I tried and just went along with what everyone else was saying.

don't be a sheep follow your own path :bongin:

6. #8 RedEyeCEO, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    If she has a negative view of marijuana you will never reason with her. I know it's your mom but I can't stand people who won't listen to reason. If my mom resented me when she found out I smoked weed I would have resented her and never went to college. It would have made things worse if she didn't accept my marijuana usage. Which sadly almost all kids who smoke deal with that. We all know there is nothing wrong with weed. It's weed! If she can't accept your smoking, you're 18 cut her off! #RedEyeClub

7. are you saying you're trying to convince your parents pain pills are okay? I'm pretty sure the heroin addicts I know today started with abusing adderal and percoset, etc.

#RedEyeClub

8. grow a pair and tell her about weed.

9. does she drink, smoke, take legal medicines? if yes then you should bring that up I always do when my mother complains to me about weed I always say yeah but its ok for you to drink and that's killed millions but someone that smokes weed that hasn't killed anyone should get all that hassle, anyone who drinks or smokes that rants at you for smoking are hypocrites cause they are doing something much more dangerous.

10. The way i see it your not in any trouble, but they suspect that you smoke weed. My parents know for a fact i smoke weed, but they have no evidence. I would first invest in some eye drops for next time. You could tell your parents that you ran out of gas or something, if your smelling bad, and with red eyes. I think your situation isnt really that bad, u should keep smoking but just be careful with your parents, since they think you do it now. After all you should be happy your parents and grandparents are worried about you, that means they care about you, trust me thats a good thing, even though you think it might be a burden right now, youll learn.

11. A good way for this is that,first you point out to her or show her some documentaries about it.Then tell her,that you couldn't hold back this on her.

12. i would be an adult and tell her about the weed, if she isnt ok with it than thats fine some people dont change their opinions, after you tell her just say you respect her opinion on weed but thats not how u feel about it and you will continue to smoke

13. bite your tongue and move on man, your not going to get anywhere. I was in the same boat before i went away to college. it seems like few women from their era think of marijuana as heroin, atleast the females in my family do.

14. respect the people who provide for you and their thoughts on things.
    dont get stoned in the house.
    dont come home stoned.
    but tell them exactly what you think, that is also very important.

15. The only thing you can do is educate her ,and make her aware of her ignorance.

16. 1. Buy ozium
    2. Buy eye drops if you want
    3. Problem solved
    4. Proceed to pack fat bowl for sick grandma

17. I'm 19, I've been smoking since I was 17. My mom hates weed, and my dad was in the navy also a cop. They were very against it. But when I started I told them both. Both hated and swore they'd kick me out. But after about a year they started not giving a fuck cause they knew I wasn't going to stop. They're rule is keep it out of the house "obviously my stash is in the house" but still, they say smoke out in my car in the drive way. That's the only rule

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I've had a lot of conversations with my mom about weed (I'm 34 now) and most conversations went like this:
    ME: Weed isnt like other drugs it's not harmful
    MOM: If it isnt harmful then why is it illegal
    ME: it's illegal cause some goverment crap but it's not harmful (she drinks beer recreationally)
    MOM: If it isnt harmful then why is it illegal

Anyway after like 17 years of smoking daily (like 4+ times/day for 13+ years) I don't feel anything harmful... and I think my mom is finally starting to see the light (so it took only 17 years of educating). She told me the next time I get some she wants to try it...