What Would You Do In My Situation?

Discussion in 'General' started by m18, May 29, 2013.

1. Experiences make up our lives ... I know you're a youngin n I love your burning desire to go with your plan ... Good traits bro ...
    It's best to tell your boss about the trip, take leave, have a new experience that you would've worked your butt off to pay for otherwise, come back happy n carry on with work ... Get your boss a souvenir in the process if that's applicable ;)

Now, lemme tell you the reason why I said this ... I've always seen people give up on present opportunities for a future possibility ... While some are strong enough to not be bothered, others get inflicted by bitterness or failure ... You don't be ...

Another take, it's just 10 days of your life required by you, will be enjoyed by you n will become a part of you :wave:

2. I would work and go on a cruise later down the road when i had vacation time.
    I say this because it's hard for me to find a job, as far as i know the islands on the cruise aren't going anywhere.

3. why does there have to be a choice... why don't you ask your manager for those days off? You said the place was laid back... i'm sure they wouldn't mind if you were a valued employee

4. I would go on the cruise.  It's not all the time that somebody offers to pay for a cruise.

Someone suggested getting your parents to pay for the cruise later.  I think that's bullshit.  They aren't your piggy bank and they aren't trying to fund a 10-day solo drinking binge for you.  They are trying to invite you on a family vacation and I view it as a slap in the face to say, "I don't want to go with you, but can I have the money to go on my own later?".

It's a pizza delivery driver job, not a career opportunity.  IMO you didn't give great reasons for needing the money.

5. Id work.
    If you haven't taken the job yet normally they ask if you have anything going on before you start so they can schedule around that.
    So you might be able to go.

6. Work. Then use money to go one cruise with some honeys

7. Take the full time job, book off how ever many working days the cruise would be on (it would be between 6 and 8) and go on my the cruise with your family

8. Just ask him If you can wait till you get back to start if not i would just skip on the cruise.