What would you do if you caught your kid smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jakr, Nov 6, 2016.

1. I'm pretty sure most of us started smoking young. So what would you do if you caught your own kid smoking?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. I would join him :smoking-rapper:

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you were that kids parent though I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't think like that

4. 30 lashings with a frayed steel cable.
    Lol
    I'm just kidding.
    It's a touchy subject in all seriousness on the 1 hand you know you have to try and get your child to stop it. But there's 2 scenarios. 1 where the kid will say "but you do it"
    And 2 if your child doesn't know it's much easier to stress that drugs are bad and the importance to wait till your older to even make a decision to do such a thing.
    Me I think I would stress that you can't do it. Your still young.
    Maby take away the game consoles and all the fun things if ever caught at it again.
    I didn't smoke untill I was 18 and that was awhhhhh 8 years ago.
    My dad was hard core anti drugs and I knew if he ever caught me at it all my shit would be destroyed , computer you name it I know he would jump on it all lol

5. I 'd be smoking their weed .

• Like Like x 1
  6. I guess that I would lecture them that they are too young to be doing this kind of thing, if they are under 18 that is. Then I'd want them to realize I'm fine with them smoking pot or eating edibles when they get older but nothing underage.

• Like Like x 3
  7. If he was doing well in school and keeping out of trouble then I wouldn't care.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fuck with him hard. By moving the stash. Or moving something to plain site. Make him question his sanity.

Or go camping, and bring along a vacuum cleaner to make a hot box brewer.... let him wake up to a hot box.

9. hope you got a cordless vacuum. I can't imagen lugging my generator with me camping :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  10. just talk about it to make sure he/she uses it responsibly - i wouldn't get mad, that's sure.

i thought about this here and there and what's more problematic in my opinion is being open about it if he/she is younger. if the kid tells in school "my dad is cool we smoke weed sometimes" that could get the parents in severe troubles with authorities.
    i plan on being open about everything with my children so they know they can trust me and i don't just snap and yell around.
    and how i think about weed is definitely on my checklist to talk about, as well as smoking some with the children when camping :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Depends how old

• Like Like x 2
  12. ^plus what you caught them smoking. Hopefully it wasn't cigs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Why, did your parents catch you smoking recently?

14. Make sure the weed wasn't from my stash.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ask that little shit what bills he pay to not be sparking me up.

• Like Like x 4
  16. I think FOR ME it would kinda depend on the laws in place at that time....and sit him/her/them down and give a good "learning" lesson.....not being hard on them....just letting them know how serious of a subject is and even though its "possbily" legal....or about to be....that doesnt mean you can use it carelessly........Like someone mentioned above....depending on their current attitude, grades in school, etc....I would either take it away if they were doing bad.....or let them keep it and continue to do their thing....but I would ask that they let me know before their smoke session.....they can smoke wherever they want...room with the door closed, I dont care....but just a "hey, Ima smoke a little" so I can monitor their usage and make sure they are using it "responsibly"....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Teach a life lesson on balancing a budget and fiscal responsibility with financial security in mind. Small business needs entrepreneurial minds to think wisely.

18. What would I do? Puff, puff pass negro!

19. It's that unnecessary hypocrisy that draws a divide between parents and their children altogether. The condemnation of a repeated cycle passed on from parent to child. I would imagine most parents would feel the need to make some kind of lesson or punishment out of it, but that seems like a waste. You've lived this story and you know that curiosity and desire are not sated by ephemeral inconveniences with allowance or your social life. The moment you're old enough to conceive a plan and carry it to succession, you're gonna get that case of beer, and you're gonna get those dubs from whatever weekend warrior connect you can contact through the grapevine of your peers. The best thing you can do is break the cycle and be cool about your kid being just like you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Depends on age. 15+, okay, I'd sit them down and tell them that I'm always a phone call away if they get into trouble and that it's their responsibility to make sure they're safe. I'd tell them that if they think they have smoked enough in one session but they're being pressured to smoke more-say NO. If they're uncomfortable smoking more, say NO. Never smoke it in school and never have it in school.