Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What would you consider a functional high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Theory5, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Hey, I am a seasoned toker and last night me and my friends were talking about highs. My friends like to get a functional high even on weekends, while I like to reach new heights :p However I do enjoy a nice functional high like the one I have right now, I consider a functional high to be smoking a bowl to myself from my vaporizer Every couple of hours.
    What about you?

2. Well besides when I first started smoking weed, I don't think I have ever been un-functionally high... Then again I probably smoke like 8+ doobies a day.

3. Well I think it has alot to do with the strain. Sativa is gonna be a more functional high. If your Reffering to dosage than I'd say a sanp is all I need to not get real stoned. Just high

4. i consider it a functional high when im able to function....:smoke:

5. ah sorry about that kushman, lol what i put in my bowl was some nice kush, but I usually smoke highgrade, I dont have reliable connections for dro or KB.

6. All I smoke is hq. Even though I've Been smoking about 6 years I still get nicely toasted on a small amount of dank. I love it haha

7. i can smoke a gram or so out a bong and go to the gym for 2 hours. im only get malfunctions when i get autisticly high which would be a good bit more

8. Shit yeah. If I feel comfortable going food shopping or going to browse some stores while stoned then im happy. My girl and I do this kinda shit quite often:smoke:

9. It depends how you look at it for me,

1. I can do anything when I'm high that I could do sober, and just as well, if not better. I may screw up or forget something, but i'm basically the same.

2. If I have any paranoia/heat I become disfunctional because all of my high/attention is based on my paranoia.

10. #10 Lebowski, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    Functional high:

-Clear minded psycoactivity
    -Low or no dissociation
    -Low or no sedation
    -Low psychedellic effects

Generally sativas fit that bill, however there are a handful of "functional indicas". Blueberry is one of them. These have body effects but a clear head. Usually indicas have body and a cloudy head.

Some sativas get too psychedellic or dissociative. The energy and attention are there, but the effects let the mind wander off into thoughts too often. Not enough attention on the exterior.

Of course, a functional strain should increase rather than decrease physical and mental energy.

This is all assuming doses are kept consistently as low as needed.

edit:
    After rereading the OP, it seems you're considering a functional high to be not overdosing, and nonfunctional highs to be overdosing. And by OD I mean just using more than is necessary to feel it.

Any functional strain will become too inebriating for me if I over-dose, that said even with low doses there are strains that are immediately inebriating.

11. Interesting I have never experienced dissociation while smoking weed. So either I am misunderstanding what it means to experience dissociation or it only happens with certain strains.