what would the world be like without mirrors?

Discussion in 'General' started by chronicman00, Mar 25, 2009.

1. and reflections?

2. All the chicks would probably be ugly as fuck.

3. i was about to post up there would still be reflection but since you covered that topic it would be strange, alot more obese people possibly?

4. wow thats a good question

id say more girls without makeup?

5. Nobody would be able to see anything... It would be pitch black.

6. /thread.

Hahah, but if ^ weren't the case, its pretty trippy to think about.

Happy Toking.:smoke:

7. Without mirrors cops couldnt pull us over for the shitty reason of obstructed view

8. cameras and webcams would be top selling items

9. social grooming would be a super popular

10. Technically speaking, your correct since everything we see is caused by light reflecting off of it.

11. technically speaking. what do you consider a sense of sight?

even the blind can see to some degree

and for people blind there entire lives. there more or less given the sense of sight by how they percieve the world around them.

a sense of depth however.. is a different story. i wonder what a world without people being able to see depth is like?

wed all walk around like chameleons haha

12. Speaking strictly in a visual sense.
    We would have to evolve some extra sensory perception like bats

13. Taking this as that we just cant see ourselves like vampires or something, Im guessing 'beauty' would take on a whole new meaning. Oh, and Mary Kay would probably be a whore in new york

14. Cameras and Webcams would never exist. You need a lense to make a camera. Unless you are making a pinhole camera, you basically need a lens and in most cases mirrors too (slrs).

15. lol I heard Pam Anderson has a phobia for mirrors so she has none in her house.

16. There'd be a lot less VAIN people walking around.

17. How do you figure? Anything that is green reflects green light, anything that is blue reflects blue light and so on and so fourth. Mirrors simply reflect photons of light more efficiently than other surfaces. They didn't have mirrors when dinosaurs existed, but it wasn't dark then....

18. #18 Serapsis, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    the light from our sun/moon reflects off of these to give them their color, without light there is no color. So without reflections there is no color or frame of reference for color. In pitch black there are no reflections, and in bright light there are... I hope I'm making sense.You cant just think in mirrors, but also in reflections of water and other objects. If you look at a shiny leafed plant or one that is moist you can see a reflection in it. To have no reflections at all there would have to be no light.

19. Dude... I have no clue what you're talking about! lol! I think you're over thinking the whole concept, but i would really love to try some of your bud...

Anyways, watch this video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoyAZSlvAQE"]YouTube - amazing joke no reflection in the Mirror[/ame]

20. #20 imcherokeeangel, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    Without darkness there is never light...
    With out light there is never dark...
    I ask you...
    Where is the answer?
    If light fades does darkness grow?
    If Darkness fades does light show?
    What if light was to disappear?
    What would happen to the dark in the drear?
    Would the dark flourish?
    Or would it know that without light...
    Dark can never grow?