What would the world be like if every person had a high IQ?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by CJx93, Jul 24, 2016.

1. #21 Wisdom Tooth, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Your first comment beat me to it hahaha, i was gonna say..
    Although from observing geniuses and intelligent animals in nature, they tend to become more peaceful and compassionate the higher their intelligence.

I honestly believe if the world wasn't corrupted and distracted by wars and flooded with toxins, pollution, radiation, and our terrible water supply and lack of nutrient dense foods for so many years all of us now would probably average 140-160. Maybe even 160-180.

2. #22 Wisdom Tooth, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    I can tell you that 130 is not gifted, just simply intelligent and aware that's about it.
    Maybe 180-200 i would class as gifted..

3. And it would probably look like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Possibly even this, (Maybe if Tesla was alive we would of been here by now)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mensa disagrees with YOU good sire.

5. Is there a reputable online test for IQ? I was 12 years old and scored 138...leads me to believe they score you higher to make you feel better and are more likely to spread the word.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. There isn't. The only IQ tests that are recognized as legitimate are multiple hours long and administered by a psychological professional.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So we can all say we have no fucking clue.

LOL

8. The world would still be full of know-it-alls that think they're know more than the next guy...

Myself included! :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  9. If "the next guy" didnt happen to be me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was tested at atleast 130 in elementary school, which was a legitimate test. My parents didn't get the exact number for some reason, but atleast 130. I'm not sure how an IQ test from 14 years ago would hold up today, but I feel kinda smurt nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea - would it be like minimum wage? It just raises the lower limit at the cost of economic efficiency? Obv economic not in a monetary sense, but rather in the opportunity cost sense or the market efficiency way?

Like grade inflation at Harvard? Everyone is so super remarkable that every is in fact mediocre?

Would we get massive improvement in the quality of life? Or would it be the same slog as always because the relative relationship between peoples circumstances (IQ difference vs motivation vs access to education or resources) will remain unchanged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. to much intellect and we devolve and know less love. we need emotion, spirit, and thought to be fully functional. having great recall of data from your intellect is good but emotionally feeling your way spiritually is pure wisdom not gained from your mind at all but your human heart.

having thousands or millions of moments of intellect cannot compare to one spiritual emotional experience and you will gain more in one second of that than an entire life of intellectual thought and reflection. It has been proven through heartmath that original thought originates in the heart space too...

13. We would live in an empathetic civilization with zero waste and technology would be fully understood by all.

Also there would be no fat people. Or zombies. Definitely no lab created virus bloodthirsty, brain eating zombies. And we would still praise cats like internet gods.

idk world would be like... boring?

• Like Like x 2
  14. everyone would be a cunt. IQ means fuckall

15. ...so says the retard...

Only joking

• Like Like x 2
  16. Boring

• Like Like x 1

17. If everyone took this supplement, things would be much different. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. If the average level of intelligence was higher among people, I wouldn't as arrogant as I currently am, I would say haha.

19. Seriously though, more developed societies, an increase in scientific discoveries, a broader selection of medicines, an increased development of art (music, literature, paintings etc), better economic systems worldwide, and honestly I'd think people would act more morally overall.

• Like Like x 1
  20. We could all say whatever we wanted and no one would be offended.
    No one telling me "Um, pardon me, that's uncalled for. safe space pls."
    Because, like, we'd all be so smart and shit, that you'd already know it's a joke.
    So you'd be like "Haha, my word, that was quite the anectdote."

• Like Like x 2