What would the Federal Government do if all 50 states suddenly legalized marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Vollont, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At this point, I don't think you could persuade the government with the financial benefits. I think it is all about control over our lives. The USA was founded because people wanted their freedom back, and since then, little by little, they are taking our freedoms away again. Because the government doesn't care about the people, unless you work for the government, or contribute large amounts of money, they don't give a fuck about you.

2. #82 HittinBongs420, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    And how would they be impacted? cause weed is legal it made the addicts not fiend anymore? lol.... i love weed as much as the next guy, but i don't believe it'll stop a meth addict from tweaking.

edit: pharmaceuticals, yeah, of course, but some will go up. Ie: sore throat medicine, eye drops(minors), all types of medicines dealing with the lungs etc.

^
    Basically told us your biased.

there is other logical outcomes, Take this scenario for example. Let's say Full legalization, alot of americans are smoking weed cause it's legal, everyone you drive near everyday is high, construction workers are high, politicians are high, teachers are high, I smoke weed, and im not saying potheads are stupid, but at the end of the day, potheads do slip up or do stupid shit sometimes.....

Sure maybe some BARELY experienced users with harder drugs will smoke weed instead, but people that are already addicted to the stuff and dependent on it? No way. If they wanted to be healthier they wouldn't be ruining their lives in the first place.

3. Still kick in our doors.

4. [quote name='"Twistedd"']Still kick in our doors.[/quote]

Wavin the four four,

5. All you heard was Officer don't shoot me no more.

6. [quote name='"Twistedd"']All you heard was Officer don't shoot me no more.[/quote]

Your reign on top was short like leprechauns/
    As i crush so called stoners, pot heads, and reefer-cons/

7. Get the good stash, quick fast, like ramadan
    Its that drug phenomenon Don-Dadda, fuck Coppas

8. When it comes down to it, the members of the federal government are just people trying to make a paycheck. They don't make money as individuals by making the country run as smoothly as possible unfortunately. They make more money by enacting legislation that benefits special interest groups like the pharmaceutical lobby, which is the largest lobby in the country. Now why would pharmaceutical companies need lobbyists I wonder? They give a few million a year over to congress, and then they get to keep the billions upon billions in revenue they would otherwise lose if their most profitable drugs were replaced by a plant that anyone can grow for almost free in their closet.

It's disgusting, but it's the way it is.

But if all 50 states legalized, then the feds would really have no choice but to back off for good.

9. A better question I think is what if most blue states suddenly legalized because that's far more likely.

10. At what point did they back off of enforcing alcohol prohibition? I confess that I'm not as educated on the subject as I should be.

11. [quote name='"travilanche"']At what point did they back off of enforcing alcohol prohibition? I confess that I'm not as educated on the subject as I should be.[/quote]

When gangsters were running shit and they saw how much tax revenue they were missing out on.

12. While big pharm,alcohol,industrialized prisons and police unions do not send funding to the DEA,they lobby for a drug free America with our legislators,,who fear being labeled as soft on crime and by "investing" a few million dollars into the political stew pot we call congress and the tax payers pay billions keeping these insane policies in place and protect their profits at the same time.:devious:

13. So is it even possible to counter this? I'm sure there alot more pro pot people out there than lobbyist. What do we have to do to get a fair shake.

14. Vote and pass MMJ and legalization state by state.

15. Or pay the individual policy makers the same millions of dollars that the pharmaceutical lobbyists do.

16. Isn't that against the law?

17. Alright, everone take 1 dollar out of every gram that you sell and save it until we have enough to beat those bastards out.

18. Physical money will have been obsolete for 30 years before we get enough money to buy them.

19. It's coming sooner than most people think imo.

20. #100 Bunny Wailer, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    If physical money becomes obsolete and weed is still illegal we are probably fucked.

How are people gonna buy their weed without cash?

Especially if the credit cards aren't accepted in dispensaries. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...y-pressure-marijuana-cash-only_n_1659680.html

EDIT: Obviously some form of payment is gonna have to be available anywhere, but still...only those with MMJ cards are going to be able to get bud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.