What would the Federal Government do if all 50 states suddenly legalized marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Vollont, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Vollont, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    What would the feds do? What would the DEA do? if suddenly right now in every state there were ballot initiatives and all of them passed in all 50 states this November that would fully legalize marijuana. Would the federal government still keep cracking down saying were gonna enforce federal law no matter what! Or would they back off?

Just wondering cause right now only 16 states have medical marijuana and the feds continue to raid dispensaries and patients. Is this cause 34 states dont have medical marijuana and thats whats keeping the federal law in place since more than half the states dont have medical marijuana?

What the hell is it going to take to legalize marijuana and why is it so hard and complicated to do? Canada couldnt do it, Portugal couldnt do it, the Netherlands couldnt do it. None of them legalized marijuana, they just decriminalized it. Why cant it end like alcohol prohibition in 1933 where the whole thing just ended all at once. Everybody, the state governments, the public, the president and congress all on our side and repeals prohibition! Why cant the same thing happen with marijuana?

2. as of 2009 the DEA employs 10,784 people.

there are only 50 states.

take that as you wish.

3. Because time's were different back then,I know it sucks but this decade needs to be the decade of decriminalization while the next decade has to be the one of legalization.

4. I can't seem to find a source but I heard somewhere that several countries have a treaty and the United States would have to withdrawal from that treaty if they fully legalized Marijuana. Can anyone confirm this?

5. Because The United States Pays All other countries in the world to keep it ilegal.they go forth counquering with idea's and money not men.this is truth

6. That's not realistic, South Dakotans voted no to medical marijuana and more than 10 states let their medical marijuana bills die this year 2012 befoe their legislatures could vote on them, medical marijuana laws differ from state to state, states on the east coast are rarely allowing chronic pain qualify you as a patient.

Medical marijuana laws should be uniform across the U.S.so you can travel, because
    what if you're a chronic pain patient in California and want to travel to N.J. or D.C.

7. According to studies in 2009, there were approx 3.6 million "users" in the US

10,748 vs 50 states, made up of millions of people.... the DEA doesnt stand a chance due to budget limitations to ever come close to ridding the US of cannabis lol

and i assume that 3.6 million is a pretty low number seeing as in cali in 2011 it was assumed there were ATLEAST 750 THOUSAND mmj patients, alone... i know colorado has over 100,000....

dea is a fraction of its opposition

8. They have a 30 billion dollar budget.

They would target dispensaries and growers not people/users.

Cut the supply.

9. there are like 15 medical states and they cant even do that now, how the fuck would they do it if all 50 were legal? Not just medicinally, im talking state legalization....

plus that just hands the money back into the black market they have been spending billions to abolish anyway

10. Geeze....with smoker to enforcer ratios like that we should just take them all out in one foul swoop and leave no trace of the bodies. Oh, wait, that's right, by and large we're not violent fucking criminals. If we were, they'd have been taken out a long ass time ago.

11. Lol if that happened the government would just give up.

12. [quote name='"WookiesDoItBest"']Geeze....with smoker to enforcer ratios like that we should just take them all out in one foul swoop and leave no trace of the bodies. Oh, wait, that's right, by and large we're not violent fucking criminals. If we were, they'd have been taken out a long ass time ago.[/quote]

If you look at it this way....

For the past fuckin numerous decades the feds have spent hundreds of billions trying to obliterate cannabis with lies and nonsense. And they have been continously losing the war the entire fucking time lol

And they are literally teetering on the edge of losing the war...

We are winning, and can win

13. I love this thread!

14. Obama should legalize it. Im sure he gets high in the oval office yet he raids dispensaries........
    Choom gang my ass. Fucking sell out.

15. they should fucking do it already, tax and regulate.

anyone can brew their own alcohol but not many do it, they go to the store and buy alcohol.

16. [quote name='"geert"']they should fucking do it already, tax and regulate.

anyone can brew their own alcohol but not many do it, they go to the store and buy alcohol.[/quote]

thats true. but what stoner doesn't want to grow weed? lol

17. it's not easy.

18. Best. Thread. In my life!!!

19. most likely cut funding? Like they threatened with states that wouldn't change their drinking age

20. Can I think about what I'd do with all the ice in hell while I'm at it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.