What would justify killing, to you?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Made You Look, Jul 31, 2012.

1. That shit that makes your soul burn slow.......
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU]Nas-Ether - YouTube[/ame]

2. If I'm in a life threatening situation, I still will not kill. I've lost. They have to upper hand. I'm going to die. If I can escape, great. But I will not kill anyone. My life isn't any more valuable than theirs. I'm not going to compete.

3. If someone puts me, or someone I care about, in a life-or-death situation and I have the ability to do something about it (kill them first), then I would feel no remorse. In fact, I would feel proud and glad that I saved a life of worth, by ending a worthless life.

4. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']If I'm in a life threatening situation, I still will not kill. I've lost. They have to upper hand. I'm going to die. If I can escape, great. But I will not kill anyone. My life isn't any more valuable than theirs. I'm not going to compete.[/quote]

Not even if killing the person would not only save your life, but the lives of multiple other people who may disagree with your stance on the issue?

5. [quote name='"steezmagee"']If someone puts me, or someone I care about, in a life-or-death situation and I have the ability to do something about it (kill them first), then I would feel no remorse. In fact, I would feel proud and glad that I saved a life of worth, by ending a worthless life.[/quote]

^basically in my last post I was thinking like this guy.

6. If my fight or flight instincts are going off and flight is not an option and my life is in true danger then I would be able to. Of course it's hard to picture that scenario since it would be a very specific one where I'd have to survive only if I killed somebody. I'm sure it could happen though.

7. I don't believe there is such a thing as a "worthless life".

8. If i wanted something that they had.

9. Yeah this is just disgusting and sad.

10. I would actually argue that the 7 billion human lives and billions of other living beings on planet earth have objectively worthless and meaningless life. Not that some of them don't have a personal, subjective meaning that keep us going.

11. Well the person who is ready to take your life believes there is such a thing. If your life has a worth then defend it. Im not the kind of person to roll over and die. So a man puts a gun in your face, and you wrap your mouth around it because you already have lost? What a terribly depressing, defeatist attitude. Taking a life would be traumatic, but much less so than the loss of life of a parent, sibling, spouse or child. I have had a gun pointed at my face, I have heard bullets flying over my head. There is no amount of preparation or self searching that will give you your answer before that moment.

Do I think one life should be valued more than another? No

Do I think someone ready to harm me or my loved ones shares the same sentiment? Absolutely not

I would take a life without hesitation if it mean saving the life of myself or my family

12. Anyone who impedes on my freedom is a justified killing.

13. I wonder how many people on GC killed someone

14. #34 InitialToke93, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    If someone murdered my son or missus, Then ill kill them without any remorse at all, If anyone had the intention to kill me and i get the chance to take them out before they do then im game. I couldn't give less of a fuck about your life if your prepared to take mine or people i love lifes.

15. If someone attempts to kill me or my family, i will probably beat the crap out of them, or if they JUST tried to, then i will kill them. Or if you kill someone like bin laden, hitler or anyone else who unjustly killed tons of people.

16. i would hope to never be put in such a position, but if its to defend the wellbeing of myself, my family or a loved one, i would do it without hesitation. imagine you are asleep , and you awaken at 3 am to an intruder heading to your daughters room, armed. you're telling me you would hesitate to blow their fucking brains all over the wall? i for one would not

17. Eh, by my beliefs, killing is NEVER justified, including animal life. I admit to not following these beliefs to a T because I'm an omnivore. But human life? There is never any justification for killing. We should learn to practice and support incapacitation instead for incidents of self-defense. I can understand killing in self-defense if your life is at stake, but I don't fully support it.

Reverence for Life and whatnot.

18. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']If I'm in a life threatening situation, I still will not kill. I've lost. They have to upper hand. I'm going to die. If I can escape, great. But I will not kill anyone. My life isn't any more valuable than theirs. I'm not going to compete.[/quote]

So if you seen a man run through a town centre randomly firing shots at lots of innocent people and you had an option to either exterminate him for the benefit of others or just accept the fact he had the upper hand and let him on with his killing spree you would do the latter? Just trying to understand it lol

19. An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth.

If someone killed someone I knew, I would kill them.