What would i need to grow outdoors in the woods?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by festigio369, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I Have a house in the mountains, and i wanted to grow like 2-3 plants up there. Say I bought 10 seeds of some standard outdoor stuff, such as mountain mist, what would i need to get it growing? I can set up a place that gets at least 10 hours of sunlight every day, and i can plant it near a stream, so plenty of water will be getting to it. Im only there every 2 weeks, and only for like 2 days at a time, so i cant really tend to it like many of you do. I don't want a full garden, just a few palnts to help with my fucked up knees and feet. I don't need a HUGE yield, i just want some yield. So if i just plant 2-4 seeds about 2 ft apart from one another, were there is adequate sun light, about 5 feet from a flowing stream, will they grow and bud, even without me tending to it?

Thanks!

2. I think so, herb had to grow on its own somehow before people began cultivating it.

3. Be careful though because if you get too much rain the stream could flood your plant. I would keep a small distance between it and you can water it by keeping a bucket there and filling it from water from the stream.

I'm gonna be keeping my grow simple and in the woods too but I'm still gonna water and fertilize it. Being that its considered a weed it should do well without to much work but every little bit of help you give the plants should go a long way.

Good luck man:smoking:

4. #4 Bolthero, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    a good way to constrantly water your plant or keep the soil moist is taking a 1" thick cotton rope and wrapping it with duct tape . Throw one end into the stream and take the other end and drag it to your plant and bury the tip 4-5" deep. The rope acts like a wick and transfers the water from the stream to the plants further away.

just be sure that when you wrap it you leave liek 5" on each side for water to go through. The duct tape prevents it from evaporating out of the rope before it gets to its destination.

5. Thanks! I'll have to try this.

I'm not too worried about rain, because I'm not going to start for another month or so, and when summer hits, the stream wont overflow.

Now for the final question: what strain should i buy? Preferably a decent strain such as purple (i get a full body high, so it actually helps) that can grow well outdoors on its own. What site should i buy from?

thanks again! This site is great!