What Would Happen?: Person blind from birth drops acid

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NFloyd2357, Jul 12, 2008.

1. So what would a person who has been blind their whole life see on acid? I've never done acid, so I really don't have a good idea. I've done shrooms so i've speculated as to how that would affect a blind person; but i've heard they'res more visuals with lsd so I'm baked and wondering how a blind person would experience a hallucinogenic trip... hmm....

anyone got some ideas or actually know?

2. wow great question... Never thought about it. My guess would be that blind people have somewhat of there own perspective of what the world my look like. I guess it would just blow their mind and just start thinking alot of crazy shit of what it may look like. I think it would completely change their perspective of what shit looks like for the better, and think the world is the most beautiful place in the world....

3. would they get closed eyed visuals?

4. haha, the world is the most beautiful place in the world... yea.

5. i would imagine thats all they'd get. But they've never seen anything, ever in life, so they're perception of the world is sooo different. Interesting to think about what a drug that changes perception would do to someone who already has a insanely different perspective on things

6. I am pretty sure they would still get visuals. I bet they would be blown away if they smoked DMT.

7. This was discussed before about dreams. Blind people can feel, so I would think they'd see shapes, I dont know about color, but i atleast think the brain is powerful enough to put shapes together. Plus their mind would be going crazy, not sure if it would be the best idea.

8. erowidate that shit.

i read that they would get some visuals (erowid.com->acid->faq, i think)

9. Do you know what closed eye visuals are? Thats probably what they would see. Maybe not though, didnt really think this through but shit it could be

10. Imagine you didn't know what it looked like.... and then did acid.... i would think so.

11. Peterg is saying that, because you said: The WORLD is the most beautiful place in the WORLD.

12. If A person has been blind from birth its possible that the visiual part of their brain isnt even ACTIVE, therefore rendering even closed eye visuals impossible. But there is no way to know.

13. Copied from a Yahoo! search.

"No images arrive in the brain from the eye. Everything is a simple series of electric excitations from neurons.

This is then "made into" images inside the brain.

LSD works by distorting the messages from the eye and the brain goes into overtime trying to create an image which fits electronic message it's getting.

In studies, people left in total darkness experienced no effects at all with LSD.

So the likelyhood is that a blind person would see nothing at all on taking LSD.

Interesting question though."

14. Give us a link. If Im in a dark room on acid, Im definitely feeling and seeing something. :)

15. blind people still have a grasp on reality

you can feel out what certain things feel like, someone says "this is a television" and you feel all around it, you can feel the glass, along with the plastic, and that its cubicle" and by feeling you can imagine what the tv would look like

so you'd probably just experience a really out of wacked imaginated reality, only thing is u wouldnt know what color seems like

16. whoahhh there's not WAY that just because some scientists put people on lucy in a pitch black room, they didn't trip at all.

lsd has many amazing affects for the mind and body, not just the eyes!

17. they dream differently,

so i assume their trips would be wild~