What would happen if..

Discussion in 'General' started by Germs069, Aug 19, 2013.

1. I gave my dog an edible? shes getting old and it.looks like it hurts.her when she walks..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Probably the same thing as if you'd have eaten it?

Don't give your dog an edible.  If she's really in pain from arthritis etc, you can give her some cannabutter or oil.  My vet recommended it for my arthritic dog once he found out I was a cardholder.  Start with a very small dose, because it can really freak animals out.  I'd say a teaspoon per dose as my 100 lb dog gets about 1-2 tsp per dose, about 2 or 3 time a day (as needed.)  If you can't do this, you can also take her to vet for a prescription.  My dog gets tramadol from his vet as needed and the prescription is really cheap.  However, tramadol is an opioid and increasing doses may be needed due to tolerance.   I haven't seen this in my dog with his oil/butter.

For any mods, I know we're not supposed to talk about "getting animals high."  Does the same rule apply if we're not talking about recklessly getting them high, but instead talking about the value of medical cannabis for dogs in pain or with cancer/terminal illnesses?

4. You can't talk about getting animals high IIRC

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app