what would happen if

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 010010ryan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. you gave a weed plant too much light?

2. If you're using fluorescents it's really hard to give a plant TOO much light

3. im thinking like the cycle more than the power...
    like if i jsut gave it 24 hours?
    im pretty sure this would be bad, its kinda obvious and i wasnt thinking about doing it, but why would that be wrong? what way would it be bad for the plant?
    i just imagini it getting fatter as it sits on the couch eating and playing exbox... lol

4. If it is a photo period plant you will make it hermie or go male and then if you still keep it on 24 you will eventually kill it.
    If it is an auto you might get lucky and get a nice big healthy plant but again chances are you will just make it go male.

5. I agree with DeafGeoff. Also, plants need sleep, that's when root growth happens. If you give it 24/0, you don't let it rest and you pay more. 18/6 is your best bet for autoflowers and the closest you can get to 24/0 IMO.

6. any proof of this? all ive read says plant stretching occurs during dark periods, including roots - not actual growth if by that you mean new cells.

7. Tons of growers keep their plants under lights 24/7. It's actually very common.

8. All my grows I do 24/7 until flowering then 12/12

image-3823727407.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

9. No, not real evidence, I've just taken that from growers who seem to know what they're talking about. I'll do some research.

10. 24/0 is fine.

11. Just to make it clear, 24/7 is fine for vegging. You will need to switch it to 12/12 to trigger flowering. Unless you plan on going the autoflower route.

12. OP, define what you asking.

More light as more wattage to one plant ? or more light 24/7 to one normal plant ?

13. He answered that already:

As others with actual knowledge have said, you can give MJ up to 24/0 during veg with no ill effects. If you give too much light during flower, though, the plant will stop flowering and revert back to veg.