What Would Happen If...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JLaner, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Hey GC Community,
    I was wondering what would happen if I had a bunch of joints (5-6) in my backpack or a half ounce of weed and a cop stopped me stuff in New York/New Jersey? I'm thinking of meeting with some friends but I don't want to get caught with a half ounce and/or some joints. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? What happened? I really don't want anything happening to me. Thanks to all who help,
    Jake

2. #2 BigxBiscuit47, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    You would be fucked. Plain and simple. Is it worth it to transport this stuff? Make sure you don't have any tail lights out before you start driving because that's a good excuse for an officer to pull you over. Be cautious of your speed also but not overly cautious.
    EDIT: I hear about the tail light thing all the time. Cops also have the ability to lie about your registration or something as well.

3. I mean I might as well just bike there then. I'm going to Central Park in the daytime, then going to NJ.

4. I would drive, but I would keep everything in my locked trunk. If its locked, they can't search it.

5. The officer would also have to have probable cause to open your trunk, if he did not, any evidence he found could not be used against you in court

6. Sketchiness comes with sketchy people.

If you ain't acting funny your fine

7. The cop would proceed to say, "did somebody call nine-one-FUN?"

And extend his baton into a beastly steamroller.

8. so they can search your car but not your trunk...huh?

9. It's actually evidence towards "intent to supply" if you have individually packaged amounts of cannabis, and joints fall under that. I know, it's stupid.. I don't think I've ever had a dealer who sold pre-rolled joints...but apparently that flies in the court of law.

10. LOLOLOL at all the above replies. Keep it in one bag all together, sealed up good. Put it in the glove box and have it locked with a separate key that you have hidden.

They would need a warrant to search that because it's locked and there's no key and they can't just break into that shit. Especially with no evidence, just suspicion that you may have drugs. As long as your lights are all good and shit and your cars not loud you'll be fine.

If you get pulled over act chill, i mean it's only 14 grams anyways lmao. Most you will get is a possession ticket. Probably not even arrested depending on the cop and exact area. And if the cop did try to charge you with any sales or transporting supplys blabla that shit would get blown out the water in court by your lawyer.

bag that shit up good, 3 times, wrap it in a grocery bag and stuff it in your gas thing on your car and shut it. i've never seen a cop check that place in my entire life.

11. put it in a bag, put the bag inbetween 2 bits of bread with lettuce hanging out, wrap up with clingwrap/gladwrap(whatever you call it)
    put it in a lunchbox with an apple.

paranoid levels be lower'd :)
    "its just my packed lunch sir"

12. Yeah like the above poster said, just keep it all together in one bag. Cops hand out distribution/intent to distribute charges like candy, but the ones (like this would be) that don't actually show any real evidence of distribution get dropped to simple possession pretty fast.

And get a mason jar. Smell is the easiest way for a cop to know you're carrying, and mason jars eliminate smell completely.

13. Seriously...some of the things you all "think" the police need to do this or that cracks me right the fuck up. ....paid membership might be in my future....

14. #14 Bunny Wailer, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    False, they do not need a warrant if they have probable cause. Probable cause is either smelling or seeing weed/paraphernalia (plain view). They can do pretty much whatever it takes to search your entire car. Most likely your cars ignition key open the glove box and if you decide not to give the key or open it yourself, it's your own fault if your shit gets busted open.

If they don't have probable cause, you can just say "I don't consent to searches". They could then call the k9 unit. It has been ruled in cases that a 90 min wait for the dog was not unreasonable. The wait is mostly due to lack of police search dogs in the immediate area.

If they try to convince you to allow them to search or threaten to call the dogs, stand your ground.

15. They would prolly bust you with intent unless you keep it all in one bag!

16. I wouldn't carry the half o. They could try to stick you with intent to distribute, especially in NJ, but I'm not positive on that. I'd carry the joints if I were you and don't be dumb. Check your tailights and headlights, don't speed, and don't smoke in your car. You should be good to go then.

17. as long as you keep it in something so they cant smell it and you dont smell like weed ou'll be fine, they cant search you without a reason unlesss you say they can. it would probably be bad, so dont get caught! lol

18. one thing i always tell myself when driving with drugs is don't give them a reason to pull you over. have updated insurance, your license, don't drive looking super high (eyedrops, gum, axe), don't smoke in your car, or too late etc..

to this day i have never been searched, just keep your cool and if your car doesn't smell it's unlikely you will be caught (in my honest opinion)

19. [quote name='"bluemerle001"']Seriously...some of the things you all "think" the police need to do this or that cracks me right the fuck up. ....paid membership might be in my future....[/quote]

If your not adding anything to the conversation fuck off

20. lol dont worry about it cops dont just stop random dudes with backpacks on..