what would happen if you put vegitable oil in a bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by garrettainment, Aug 13, 2011.

1. The oil would barely heat up so no worries of it igniteing

2. I've had this idea before, except with some sort of alcohol. You would have to smoke A LOT of bowls in order to make it anywhere near potent IF it did work.

3. Wtf vegtable oil is NOT flammable!

4. #24 BadKittySmiles, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    Nope, I meant vegetable, and most any oil :) If they are not 'flammable', they are what is considered combustible, meaning once you expose them to a flame that heat will cause the vaporization of the 'fuel' source, which then still ignites.

Even butter, an impure oil-source, is flammable once the milk solids have burned off and the water vapor dissipates enough. You can ignite it on your stove top with too much indirect heat, so what made you think an open flame wouldn't cause oil to ignite?

I hate to say it, and I mean this in the best of humor, but it's starting to look like we're one death away from qualifying for a Darwin Award here! No, it's not likely you'd kill yourself of course, but after even a small explosion or simple exposure to forced hot air, you could wind up blind, or otherwise a potentially serious burn victim.

It's risky enough to just fry foods on a gas stove, without following certain safety measures and without using a large enough pot.

I'll say it again; if you tilt your slide at the wrong time while lighting, or dribble a little when you pull it out and go to bring a flame near it again, you're asking to have a fire on your hands.

Besides the fact that filtering smoke through oil, would taste horrible (similar to the way oils in your mouth negatively effects the taste, when smoking a bowl, right after eating a greasy cheeseburger), it's a needlessly hazardous, pointless endeavor. :)

5. why not cook with it instead of driniking it?

6. Why is this in seasoned?

:confused_2:

7. #27 Brokenlies420, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Big words scare me 0.O

8. I really think this has to be a joke. Using oil in a bong is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, and the fact that the op asked other people to test it, that's the clincher for me that he's just messing with people.

9. Make oil the conventional way. or explode...

10. OP just invented the flamethrower bong..

11. lol yahoo questions ftw. way to copy and paste

12. That statement made me laugh so hard...

This sounds like a horrible idea even without the dangers involved. Drinking vegetable oil? Uhm, that makes me sick just thinking about it! At best cook something with it or do something other than drinking it that is just down right disgusting.

13. I'm no doctor, but it's probably not great for you to drink a bongful of oil. Flammability aside.

14. i know i love yahoo answers haha

15. ok i not just drinkit cook with it and things that sounded good when i typed it :D

16. i bet NOBODY will take a bong hit with vegetable oil----- DO IT...

i wonder why nobody has done anything crazy like that and posted it yet hahaha

17. there should be a sticky in the section that just says "dont put anything but water in your bong you stoned monkeys"

18. What would happen if you poured a pot of coffee through a Brita water filter? Would it come out clear?

Some questions are best left unanswered.

19. mr. buzz kill might've just saved your life, buddy.

20. Somebody still lives at home... try cooking sometime, vegetable oil is most definitely flammable..