What would existence be like without life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by smokeyeyes12, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Just a bunch of planets and cosmic procedures, no motives, no emotions. just existence of the universe with no purpose and no meaning whatsoever. Its kind of depressing to think about, that theres nothing else and thats just it.

Religious people go in denial for comfort cus the truth is too hard to handle....there is no purpose the world is randomness.....

someone explain

2. Why is it depressing to think about? The universe is not so much randomness, as it is a series of somewhat predictable events, happening in relation to each other. Life is simply star matter, and religious people who deny this are surely afraid of their own fate, i.e. death. Life and death will forever be a part of this universe, and while speculation of life beyond death is important, the most important thing is to enjoy this miracle of life as we know it, every second of every day. Focus not on what could be, but what is, and why it is, and what you do to affect it.

3. i know what you're saying but then again there would be no Human motives and no Human emotions to look at it in that light, the universe still functions whether we perceive it one way or not. our cosmos seems to do just fine without our input.

good thinking :)

4. lots of fractals.

and a feeling of slipping

5. Some people would argue that there isn't purpose or meaning either way, humans or not. I believe that there isn't some pre-assigned destiny or meaning for your life - you have to make one for yourself.

6. whooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :hippie:

7. I have contemplated too what the meaning of life is. My spiritual belief is that there is a "god" which I call creator or source, it really doesn't matter what you call it though. In my belief system, god doesn't judge you, there is no hell that you go to if you don't follow a set of rules, and you have free will to do whatever your heart desires. With that being said, I can only come up with one answer.

I was taught through my belief system is that there is infinite amount of lifetimes and your soul incarnates in different forms of life all over the universe to learn lessons and progress as a spirit. You start at the very bottom and you accelerate, in which you move up through dimensions when you are ready and you learn lessons. With all that being said, the result of all of that is to EXPERIENCE JOY! Happiness and joy! That is it. Yes, you have to expeirece some bad times too but OVERALL the bigger picture is to experience bliss. This all makes sense to me...it may not to others but I gotta tellyou it feels great to be in my position of thinking.