What Would Be The Best Way to Unclog/Clean This Bubbler?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Weekend Warrior, May 31, 2015.

1. #1 Weekend Warrior, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
    So I got this bubbler a little over a month ago, and it worked pretty great, at least initially... then started clogging like really easily. I've had to unclog it like 5 times now, using efferdent in hot water for about 45 minutes then running the bubbler under hot water for another 10 and blowing the resin out, but this takes way too long and usually results in a sober night (which sucks). the twisty bowl part makes it so hard to unclog it, does anyone have any suggestions to unclog this bubbler quicker? I've considered using salt and rubbing alcohol but didn't have any on hand today, plus I'm looking for faster ways. thanks (I've already looked this up on the forum btw i just want your guys's opinion with this specific bubbler because of the difficult twisty part)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. ISO alcohol and salt is the only way you're gonna get that thing clean fast.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unless you feel like rinsing that and shaking it all night with hot water, ISO alcohol is def your best bet. Not much else will work, especially with the twisty downstem.

4. Just picked up some today. I'll post some after pics, hopefully this works. i at least managed to unclog it last night but it's still just as dirty, it'd be nice to actually have a clean bubbler for once.

5. I was a given an old glass tiny bong, and it was dirty as shit, I just let it soak with alcohol and salt and shook it every couple of minutes for a couple of hours and it came out pretty clean. It definitely makes a difference, happy toking  

6. well the bubbler is looking pretty shiny. got a lot of resin out in about 30 minutes... unfortunately the bag fell due to me being blazed and spilled all over the floor, in addition to the mouthpiece breaking. oh well, at least I know what works now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice. If you wanna get it even cleaner, add a few spoons of salt with the ISO and shake. You will see the salt reacting with the ISO and it really attacks the grime.

8. CLR works pretty damn good too. that is if the salt and iso don't work well enough for you.

9. I actually did do that except I added way too much and there was a big pile of salt at the bottom. I'm sure the thing would have been completely clean had the bag not spilled, I ran it under hot water to get rid of the alcohol and resin just kept coming out.

10. Soak a pipe cleaner in iso and run it through the downstem to get it cleaner. Once the iso loosens up the resin, the pipe cleaner will push it right out.

11. There is info on this topic on YouTube..I think they were talking about using harsh chemicals like acitone or something like that!

12. Not trying to be "that guy" but yes, Acetone is extremely good at dissolving just about any carbon crud. It's easily available as brake cleaner, to those non-auto minded individuals. Brakleen is a popular brand around here. HOWEVER: do not inhale the fumes!!!!! Rinse your piece for a good hour and let air out. Waft, that means use your hand to blow air across it to your face, and smell for any lingering vapors. Always use caution. It's really nasty stuff that can chemically burn you. But it'll clean my bong in like a minute flat. :) 

13. man i couldn't even risk not airing that out properly I'd be way too worried about making myself sick i have like no patience

14. Funny thing is the same thing happened to me cleaning my pipe for the first time.

15. #15 pumpkinn12344, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    Boil degreaser use tongs to move it around in the liquid gently stir and run the hot degreaser in the inside it'll come out looking soo fresh in 10 min. Turn on your extractor or Crack a Window uploadfromtaptalk1434248320390.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1434248331866.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1434248351236.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1434248361670.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk