what works (for me)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bznuts916, Sep 29, 2012.

1. over the years ive found a few things that seem to improve final product, and wanted to share them with the community.

I like to start with 1/2 strength nutes and raise ppms throughout grow by reading the plants. i noticed some strains do better at lower ppms

big fan of foiliar feeding in veg with a solution super high in dissolved oxygen. low ppms

after transplanting to main pots, i concentrate on root development. after a nice initial feeding/watering, I dry the medium enough to force the roots to look for water. make them work for it when they are young, and the vigorous growth created will be sure to benefit the cycle as a whole. . overwatering is common, locally at least, and growers often love and feed the bitches to death. if you have solid genetics, i come to realize they dont need so much water, (especially og kush) .. i also recomend house and garden root excelerator.

start defoliating/topping early in veg. I dont top most indicas but sativas love topping early. (this is dependent on growing setup) You can outgrow your grow space, bigger plants, or more, is not always better.

oh and this one is huge and often not discussed in my area. some strains like to veg longer and will not produce its potential if flipped too soon. the trick is to know when to flip, as so the ladies stretch and grow nicely to fill out canopy. other strains seem to not mind a short veg season, and produce accordingly, regardless.

Canopies i often come across seem to lack the ability to maximize efficiency and waste lumens. On a 4x8 table my canopy ends up being like 5x9, depending on the space allowed.

I use synthetics and organic nutes. again this is what works for me. last run I found Indonesian bat guano laying around, so week 3 i added some to a few plants to test. i was sold when the smell, growth rate, and bud structure improved.

the last week or two of the cycle i go from 12/12 down to as far as 10/14. this no doubt influences the buds to ripen up and 'finish' strong. especially sativas. if your long season sativas dont finish up at 12/12 try this.

at harvest, i ensure the ladies are slightly dryer than normal before chop opposed to super water logged