What Workouts To Get A Good Butt??

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by sourflower, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Whatever you choose to do you should update this thread with pictures of your your progress.

That's your opinion, just as women with skinny legs are unattractive is my opinion. The thread starter is interested in increasing their butt size, not your opinion. Plus increasing muscle size is generally a healthy thing to do for your body.

Squats are the king of leg and butt workouts. Doing a sumo squat (toes pointed out, feet wider than normal squat stance) helps to emphasize your glutes. It will also help with your inner thigh in strengthening that. For your hammies I would recommend trying some goodmornings if you have someone to show you how, otherwise start with a very light weight. It's generally a light weight exercise anyway. If you can do deadlifts, that'll also help out your hamstrings and glutes like crazy! Again, it's a great idea to learn the deadlift with someone who knows what they are doing. I personally don't like using TOO light of a weight on deadlifts as you still need to learn the form with weight (and how you place your shoulders, keep your back "flat" which is a bad word... neutral is better, where to place your hands on the bar).

3. #23 LuxSpiritus, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    Muscle building has no place in health in modern times unless you do physical work. Muscles were the reward system for supporting your body using your strength and by eating meat to repair it because of the protein. Muscles don't even make a remarkable distance in strength, If she thinks she isn't attractive then fine. But there's no reason you have to Work your ass if you're not trying to find a mate. In primates the bigger the butt of the female the more attractive they are. This means monkeys as well. It has no purpose other than aestetic.

4. I should add you can try sumo deadlifts as well, doing a traditional deadlift may be too much for your lower back currently. Sumo deadlift will help there, just make sure you "push" your knees out as you lift to keep them from caving in.

Again, someone like a personal trainer can show you in person. They can asses you and pick the best 2 cues to help correct your form, and then get you on your way to a nice ass  :hello: Other people in the gym can help too, or even YouTube videos... but just be weary of the knowledge and application of their help.

Can you find me any sources? Or maybe tell me a little more as to why. Muscles are the whole reason you have any strength. Just because a bodybuilder may use mostly hypertrophy training for size doesn't mean others don't use the muscle they gain for strength, power, endurance, agility, less stress on joints, and so on.

There are SO many reasons to have a stronger posterior. Especially if your whole posterior chain, hell your whole body, is trained within a relative degree of your butt strength (keeping all muscles in proportion to help keep muscle imbalances, stress on joints, and injuries at bay). It helps you to easier lift items in everyday life. It can help your self confidence, which can help other ares of life (depending on beliefs it could be mental attitude, perceived attractiveness from herself or other human, belief in ability to achieve something, etc.). We may or may not be linked to monkeys, but even if we are linked to them we AREN'T monkeys. We are humans. Even with primal thoughts and actions still prevalent in everyday life, we are advanced as a species compared to other species we currently know of. You of everyone should know that. So what I don't get is you said that muscle is unattractive, meaning a bigger muscle butt would then not attract you. Unless you were mating? Would it then attract you?

6. #26 LuxSpiritus, Jul 15, 2014
    I think you lack the intelligence capacity to think pass the box on P90x. I don't even consider humans a species anymore. Species work together are united. We are the physical manifestation of chaos and discord. and for this reason of self image is false. If you think you need muscles to be confident I think you need to level yourself out or ask a doctor.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post. Your posts are funky. But please tell me more about this P90X on which you are also educated? I haven't used it before... I don't see the connection yet between that and a bigger butt. Or even our conversation? Please enlighten me with your knowledge here.

8. Squats and lunges!

Take up fencing... En guarde!

• Like Like x 1
  9. #29 donewithweed, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014

I guess I'll reply to your edit. Did the OP say she was doing this for others? I may have missed that as well. I just thought we were helping her to like her own body more, according to HER beliefs. If she said, "Hey the media makes me feel gross. Help?" We could then discuss workouts, why the media portrays a bad image, being more true to herself... any baloney like that. But most of us just want to HELP her with what she desires. Which is widely considered to also be a healthy thing. Feel free to start a thread on why muscle sucks and why you don't like it, by the way. Or something like, "Humans are terrible and I still talk to them in a negative manner, soon the world will be fixed good and proper because of me!"

10. #30 LuxSpiritus, Jul 15, 2014
    It's a workout program that my father used after he had a Heard Attack to aid in rehibilitation. Biology states that the human skeletal structure supports itself. Bones are much stronger than muscle. In no way would not having muscles affect posture. Muscles have one purpose they connect bones to bones in order to move them. There is no value in building muscles that have no purpose. The glutemus maximus is so flabby and flexible to cushion the body when sitting. Making it bigger actually makes it harder to sit up strait. I know people who can't because of that. I have never attempted to work out a single time in my life. I am a vegetarian there fore nothing to aid in mucle building, no eggs either, i weigh 160, and am 5'10 and have a better than perfect BMI. I can still perform maintenence tasks with out a single strain. Perfect Physical. I only have neck pain because my job. Once you turn 40 muscle building is pointless because they don't expand as easy. Have you seen the people who use Anabolic Steroids? They're completely repulsive, whether male or female(Not relevant). If you really think that trying to improve your looks. Will aid with your mental stability you're wrong. If you think it might get you laid, it might. But if you think that working out just to become attractive will find you the right person, you are wrong. It all depends on the person. I probably couldn't deal with a horrible person just cause they are attractive. I don't even care if you are attractive. I just want us to enjoy the same things, have things in common, have similar motivation. and I shouldn't need muscles to find that. I wasn't even referring to the OP i was just making a statement.

Wow, there is just SO much wrong in there I can't even start with you anymore. I'm pretty sure you're a really smart troll, or a complete moron in this subject. I'm done with you, unless you or anyone cares for me to point out why you're wrong on so many aspects of this post...

12. Explain what is wrong? Most of it is true. Or opinion.

13. Ok biiiiig rip for this post  :smoking:

14. #34 LuxSpiritus, Jul 15, 2014
    You made that very hard to read. By vegetarian it means i eat about 1300 calories a day. But i agree with all your points because technically you just supported most of what i was saying. Because it is a matter of preference. That's exactly what it is. Oh and with age a steady drop in lactic acid occurs which stimilates the brain that the muscles are stressed and need to be repaired so yes muscle grows slower with age. you listed bones, tendons, and ligaments. They are all attatched to muscle, the ligaments attatch to another muscle your chest cavity is a lot of ligaments as well as you're neck. Muscles all connect eachother. You're using an example that is not human. No gain in muscle mass promotes better posture. What would the muscles be if there was no skeleton? Ever heard that if bugs were to get to large they would collapse under their own Exoskeleton. Kind've the same concept
    I was promoting Positive Femininity. The idea that you do not have to improve yourself to impress anyone. It serves no purpose to do something you don't enjoy for someone else. If the person enjoys exercise and wants to find another person who does, awesome that's great. But you shouldn't be trying to improve yourself for someone who you think is attractive. I think there is no difference for men or women. The fact that men want girls to have perfect body's is irrelevant and feeds the people who are attractive, and leaves the people who do not get noticed depressed, then they follow the belief that improving themselves will make them attractive. Changing yourself, and not being you. Is how the feeling of life being dull or losing meaning. Do what you enjoy. and don't do it for someone else.

Well I hope some people understand what I was getting at. I really replied to, hopefully, help some other people understand fitness is complicated. It's always good to keep learning. To take two cents from people and move on, or have a conversation with further interest of learning together.

Anyway I can't reply to you anymore. I just hope people DO read what you write, but also take caution and compare it with other ideas out there. Then they can decide what is best for their life.

In all seriousness, as much as I disagree with your ideals and perspective, I would love to share a joint with you someday.

16. Well based on my way of living. Fitness isn't in my knowledge basis. I tend to be more psychologically oriented. I based what i learned from AP bio in High school. I took O, Chem in college so I never touched up on Bio again. I completely respect your opinion. I think debates are very good thing. If you get to see both sides, it becomes easier to make a decision. Once again me, and you just have diffrent opinions. I have much better debate conversation on life, and perspective. So i was just throwing some Self-confidence propaganda i guess. Same man, I'll smoke with anyone who isn't a douchebag, or just completely incompetant.

17. Building muscle is not pointless. That's IGNANT.

18. Get on your bike! Cycling tones the glutes like nothing else, and way more fun than squats. 

19. Bike riding
    Pushing things up hill
    *Carrying heavy stuff up stairs*

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nvm, reading the whole thread helps a lot :smoke: