What will the world be like in 100 years?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by brennan1174, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Hmm, I wonder..? What are your thoughts GrassCity?

2. Dying. (At the rate we're consuming :()

3. just imagine how bad it will be in under 10 years time.

4. We are all screwed. To much greed and hate is what this world has come to.

5. Im gonna contradict everyone and give an optimistic view point. I believe with the advancements of health care and people living longer, there will be incredible innovations that improve on societies around the world. I also believe that this next century will bring massive changes to spirituality, where individuals (of all faiths) will begin to accept each other as brothers and sisters, and political wars and religious wars will decrease (not necessarily go away all together).

6. [quote name='"brennan1174"']Hmm, I wonder..? What are your thoughts GrassCity?[/quote]

One race.. No gender roles

a girl can dream, right?

edit:when I say one race I mean that we all come together as one, not that theres only one individual race.. just to clarify

7. Its always good to stay positive. But i highly doubt the religous wars will stop. If anythin they will get worse because its only leading to that right now as we speak, everybody needs to just worry about themselves and keep their country in check before it all goes to shit.

8. We won't come together as long as we all live in land surrounded by a border.

First the borders must fall.

9. ya man u may very well be right, but i just have this feeling that religious nuts will be overlooked and mocked in the future. I definitely see how things are getting out of control, but if u notice, there are so many fewer religious nut bags then there were just 100 years ago. Thus, I picture even fewer fanatics in the future.

10. [quote name='"MesKiDcudi"']We won't come together as long as we all live in land surrounded by a border.

First the borders must fall.[/quote]

two years ago I got the privilege to teach english as a second language to Bhutanese refugees as an internship. I was only able to do this because the US welcomes tens of thousands of refugees a years (as much as we can support without taking away from the people already settled here) so I do agree that the boarders need to come down, but this gives me hope that they will. and that they slowly are.

11. 100 years older...

12. Dude that's a pretty crazy link. It got me thinking. I'm kinda upset about things that might happen past my time but then it gets to a point where I think it might just be too much for me.

Personally though, as cynical as it may be, I don't think things will be too different. Sure the last 100 years brought about a lot of change as far as technology, but certain core problems have staggered to progress. I think that while our technology will continue to soar to even more incredible heights it won't help all of the social issues only time can change. I shudder to think that one day our technology could supersede our humanity.

13. Every one will be speakin Chinese !!

14. And a deeper in debt

15. possibly this:

[​IMG]

but more likely to look like this:

[​IMG]

maybe this:

[​IMG]

and probably this:

[​IMG]

16. cant really imagine anything worse than Nicki Minaj. To be honest I have all the time been thinking what will happen to music..... how awsome can the songs get? just think about it... o_O

17. shit i don't even know what this world will be like in 5 years, let alone 100.

i do know one thing, the polar caps WILL melt and most of the world WILL be underwater once again. the seasons have been starting earlier and earlier every year, longer summers, short winters. early spring. its all mucked up.

I'm going to guess the next 30-40 years is when shits going to REALLY start going to hell as far as pollution goes. Soon our fresh water will be so tainted with shit, piss, trash, and toxic chemicals, all the flouride in the world wont be able to filter it out.

the world can only last so long with lazy ass people taking more then their giving.

18. It'll just be another era. Spain could control half of Europe. China could buy Russia.

People always say shit is going to go downhill. It isn't. It'll just be different. Nothing is constant. Corporations won't always rule America. China won't always be full of factories.

It isn't linear. Shit changes.

19. Old people will have YOLO tattooed on their hands; young people will go to coffee shops and wish they lived in the era when rock was good, like Nickelback and My Chemical Romance; China will be THE superpower; nobody will still know where Carmen Sandiego is.