What will the next 150 years be like?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by CBDASynthase, Oct 3, 2009.

1. In your opinion,
    What will happen with government, transportation, and technology?

Heres what i think

I think we will move on to a new more lenient type of government, and air travel is going to advance for distance travel, and cars are going to be generating energy.

2. If we're still here in 150 years then we will most likely have developed better, cleaner transportation and energy. Super computers will be about the size of a cellphone at the rate they're going now. Space travel might be more commercialized (pay for a vacation in space), it's already on its way. People will be living longer due to increased medical knowledge. Everything will be more computerized, and we'll have to think even less leading us to be even lazier then we already are.

As for the government, well, has any government ever willingly given up any control they had over the people? If it ever becomes more lenient it will be because the people won't take what they're serving anymore and force change.

3. I see computers and AI developing at fast rates, even now, devolopment of quantum computers.
    Ultra High Speed Maglev replacing air travel.
    As far as Government goes, it's all up to the people.

4. i see great technological advances maybe if we all get positive then maybe space travel but were too inhumane to do so. we first need to stop murdering ppl and die naturally when time is right. saying that, i agree with littlefoot (lol i loved littlefoot as a kid), its up to the people. if we all live in unity and stop racism maybe well be granted with space travel and all the goodies. if we dont then were sunk. stuck on earth to die and get buried here

5. Roaring jet engines flying overhead through the cloudy atmosphere

extrememly efficient, fast, cars that may use something other than gas

towering buildings, concrete and asphalt for as far as the eye can see

people are still starving to death

there is still war, and crime

weapons will be even more efficient at taking lives

certain places in the world will have very bad air, so people will walk around with masks, only these masks are owned by large corporations and decorated with logos and rhinestones

and people will still be buying things they dont need

6. #6 sikander, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
    Technology will advance. Neo-liberal state-capitalism will tighten its grip over the developing world and the trend of ever-more authoritarian governments will continue in the developed world.

The best thing our amazing new technology will be used to do is make Britney Spears look perennially-young, because our culture will be just as unable to deal with aging and death as before.

We'll ignore the problems caused by our unsustainable society.

Society will collapse because we couldn't get our shit together in time to prepare for or prevent catastrophic warming.

We'll be reduced to hunter-gatherer societies hunting deer in the ruins of New York City telling our granchildren improbable tales of how we used to fly in the sky and talk to one another over incredible distances.

The last bastions of society will be hippies who switched off-the-grid in time and moved into the hills, and run little sustenance agricultural operations... as well as other kinds of horticulture. :)

7. what will the next 150 years be like?

in one word; hell...

why? im just in a bad mood, (and have deluded myself into thinking [correctly of course] that i am God)

have fun... jerks:wave:

8. what if we dont make it past 2012? :[
    i'm getting as fucked up as poss bt now and then!

9. There will be cameras everywhere.

Schooling will be done on the internet (developed countries).

Marijuana will still be illegal in the states.

We will have discovered life on another planet (possibly intelligent).

Computers will be implanted into us.

Parents will have some selection over their child's genes.

We will have had a woman for president.

The Star Wars franchise will still be making animated series.

Mainstream music will suck that much more.

Muscle cars will be extinct.

Electric will be the industry standard for the automobile market.

Food production will have been completely re-modeled, using hydroponics and 'skyscrapers' of green houses to produces crops.

Parents can enter a 'lottery' to see if the can have more than one child.

Clothing will have screens and images can be displayed/re-arranged to the wearer's liking.

Projections will be played all over buildings during the night-time; moving, 3-d adds will dominated the visual landscape.

The first cloned human will be successfully engineered. It will live to be six years old.

10. Colt threw it down.
    Damn son..

Will we make it to 150 more years?

11. Naw Dawg , raelian's cloned a human already.

lol

12. Hopefully, by that time, we (as humans) will have shifted to a higher consciousness where we see the need for love and the uselessness of hate, greed, racism/nationalism/every other ism, and the need to feel more important/better than others.

I would love to see a world where we won't need our bodies anymore. Now what would that look like?:eek:

13. Whos seen IDIOCRACY!? ..Yeah.

14. The world will be fine for a long while, a few years

Riots will start because the government is takeing over.

A large scale revolution

One united government

Discovery of New planets we can live on

Start of the building on new planet

First people move to new planet

Use New planet to explore further into space.

There will still be crime, but it will be very hidden, because it will be very hard to get away with it at this point.

Weed may or may not still exist, but there will be drugs.

15. dam this thread is wicked. everyone brought good points. that could all very well happen based on what we already have and where are current product and prototypes are headed. although, do you guys still think this will be as fun as we think granted the nwo is got us rioting and shit?

16. Whomever is left...will be living in grass huts...digging for grubs and roots.

17. It'd be nice to start over . . . wouldn't it? ;)

18. I think the year 2159 will be inconceivable in comparison to 2009. Imagine what people in 1859 just as industrialization spread throughout the world and the most primitive "modern" commodities came into being would think of 2009?

Globalization in today's terms is irrelevant to inter-connectivity the world will see in 150 years.

Who knows, maybe the internet itself will become obsolete by then, replaced by something that gives even easier access to information.

19. well make a dragon
    the prime killer in the wild

20. This. Mankind is probably going to destroy itself. We need to really wake up and look past our petty differences or we as a species are doomed to a pretty grim future. Either that or theres going to be a cataclysmic event on the planet that wipes out most of humanity...