What will people think about the time we're living in 30-40 years from now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Americandutchyz, Nov 7, 2012.

1. What do you think people will think about all this 40 years from now? For example people generally agree that the 60s-70s were pretty badass, will people look back on our time and say the same?

2. The same as we look at 30-40 years ago.

3. [quote name='"SmokingFish"']The same as we look at 30-40 years ago.[/quote]

I'm not so sure, the times nowadays kinda suck at least where I'm at compared to the past. High gas prices, less freedom of mobility, less job opportunity, higher cost of living, etc. .

4. California could have legalized marijuana in november 2010, and they fucked it all up.

5. [quote name='"Blaze"']California could have legalized marijuana in november 2010, and they fucked it all up.[/quote]

Well hopefully they'll pass that recreational marijuana legislation in the couple states that are voting on it.

6. Future stoner music fans will be like... Kesha put out some really solid LPs and they'll call One Direction the most influential rock band of all time.

Then they'll complain about how their current music (in the future) isn't as good as music back in the 00's, 10's, 20's

7. [quote name='"Philosiraptor"']Future stoner music fans will be like... Kesha put out some really solid LPs and they'll call One Direction the most influential rock band of all time.

Then they'll complain about how their current music (in the future) isn't as good as music back in the 00's, 10's, 20's[/quote]

Haha wtf Ill slap my kids if they say that.

8. they will say wow why did it take humans so fucking long to evolve and do cool 'future' shit like cloning things and what not haha

9. "can you believe it" puff puff pass
    "you couldn't have a relaxing smoke on your front porch 30 years ago" puff puff pass
    "and before pot was taxed, they didn't have enough money to send all you kid through college for free" puff puff pass
    "so, how's school going with you grandkids? here, load another bowl there jr...MIT treating ya right?"

10. i think people will think of our time period as absolute shit, obsessed with materialism and polluting the earth

and in 30-40 years they'll also think about the stoner community and how much sooner it shouldve been legalized :smoke:

11. They will be like "I cant believe they used to smoke such shitty bud!"

12. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']i think people will think of our time period as absolute shit, obsessed with materialism and polluting the earth

and in 30-40 years they'll also think about the stoner community and how much sooner it shouldve been legalized :smoke:[/quote]

This.

13. We smoke the good shit.

14. I heard in yrs that N Korea start a war with the US and the world comes to an end.

15. [quote name='"cball"']"can you believe it" puff puff pass
    "you couldn't have a relaxing smoke on your front porch 30 years ago" puff puff pass
    "and before pot was taxed, they didn't have enough money to send all you kid through college for free" puff puff pass
    "so, how's school going with you grandkids? here, load another bowl there jr...MIT treating ya right?"[/quote]

Hahaha I can see something like this happening.

16. [​IMG]:D

17. the sixties and seventies were cool but they didnt have legal weed stores

18. [quote name='"chronicman00"']the sixties and seventies were cool but they didnt have legal weed stores[/quote]

Amsterdam was around in the 60s and 70s.

19. yeah but that era was centered in california

20. [quote name='"chronicman00"']

yeah but that era was centered in california[/quote]

Yeah but it's not like the cops were real anal about drugs in recreational amounts, at least that's what I've heard from people who grew up back then.