what will lights cost.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Buzzwell420, May 29, 2012.

1. Got 4 and a halflong by three feet why dan about 8 feet tall. I have like 150 dollars whats my best light options

2. that's kind of a low budget, you'd need a shit ton of cfls. You will need some sort of HPS

3. CFL's for sure on that budget, try get them all as close to the plants as safely as possible :)

Try to use reflective surfaces aswell :)

good luck!

4. I don't know man. By the time he gets enough fixtures, adapters, bulbs, mounting accessories etc. for that amount of space, he could easily surpass his budget. You could get a cheap 250w HPS or something, it's recommend for grow spaces up to 3x3, so it's a bit small for you. Still would be better than getting like 400-500 watts of CFL though, because HPS can put out like double the lumens per watt.

This one is ready to grow for 117.95

HTG Supply - HTGSupply 250w High Pressure Sodium Grow Light

You could find bigger for under $150, but that assumes you have additional money for more advanced cooling.

5. For $130 you could get yourself at least 4 42w 2700k + 4 42w 6500k CFL bulbs (22400 Lumens). Then if you can find the rest of what you need for free you will have made a great start as far as I am concerned. Unless you are planning on growing a lot of big plants as this would not supply nearly enough light.

6. I love planning micro budget grows.

Her is what you can setup your closet with for the cheap. The dollar stores are your friend.

8-12oz cups (white or red plastic or styrofoam) For your seedlings. $1 for a 12-24pk
    at my local 99cent ONLY stores I find 24pk 8z peat pots for 99cents

1-3gal pots/containers again from the 99cent stores. You can grow in grow-bags its cheaper than pots. I got 5gal soft pots for 1.50 ea

Wall mount thermometer - .99 store

ORGANIC soil can be $8/2cf-$20cf can get from hydro store or depot stores. If you have to chose from depot stores avoid mixes with heavy sticks and large bits in it.

Go with MiracleGrow ORGANIC potting soil $8-12 1.5cf and Perlite $4 8qts Mix them 60/40

Deffinate must is a Ph tester (ppm you can get by) I got mine for $15 on amazon, works great!

As for nutes, I would go organic, its super cheap and will last you longer for your dollar. And much more forgiving if you mess up the feedings or mixing. Intl' House of guano has a guano sample pack (5 varieties i think) its $20-24 (shipping might be a bit more) but its literally a whole season supply of dookie-nutrients if you only grow personally (2-3 plants)

So thats about $60 worth of goods just for the soil, nutes and pots, etc.

LIGHTS!
    As for lights, you can build a 200w setup for less than $20 or about $50-60 with different bulbs included, and bulbs can be interchanged for higher wattage and different temp throughout the plants' lives.

Get a surge protected power strip from lowes/depot $20-25 for a good one.

You will need many CFL bulbs, different wattages and temperatures. TO save you the headache I suggest starting with 26w/100w equiv SUNLIGHT 6500k (NOT daylight 5000k) CFLs. You can find these almost anywhere (It seems everyone stops carrying them in my area, bullshit!) I had to pay $10 for TWO at wal-mart. Total SIX =$30

Total actual wattage 156w - I used this setup until they where 1.5 weeks old then transplanted my seedlings into 1/2 gal pots.

From there you can use the same light setup with higher watt bulbs. 42w X6= 250w, 65w X6= 390w

Two setups can easily sustain 4-5 plants and they are lightweight. You can keep the lights 2-3 inches away and CFL makes compact buds.

So the light setup is about $12-15 each X6 bulbs of your choice wattage going from low to high as the plants grow bigger. Total $40

Your grand total should be just under $150 if you can shop around and get things free or very cheap.

What type of closet space is it? can it be made airtight?

7. Thanks for the help guys. I can make it there tonight but I would have to replace the door

8. So buy hood squire cfls can I do some online?