What will Happen??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mikeKOOLiN, Feb 28, 2013.

1. TL;DR at the end

So last week Saturday I had a few ppl over and we were drinking and listening to music and shit. Well I live on off-campus housing so i wasn't too worried about cops getting involved so we continued to listen to music like we always do on weekends.

Mind you that I'm 21 and so are my other 2 roommates, but 1 of my other roommate is only 18. Long story short, cops knocked on the door, but I think nothing of it, looked through the peep hole, didn't see anyone. Me thinking that it was one of the homies, I open the door, seeing two pigs standing right outside my door. I live in this apartments/condos where we're in 1 big building with long hallways and shit.

So the first thing in my mind was shit, I had a qt in my room and I couldn't/wouldn't get in trouble for that shit. They told me to come out and talk to them, or they will drag me out. That right there just pissed me the fuck off so I'm like wtf ever, and I just stepped out and closed the door behind me.

They said we came for a noise compliant and off the back I think it's bullshit because like 2 weeks ago, we were throwing down and had waaaaaaaay more people than this night, and the fact that we were just chilling minding our own business seemed weird to me that cops would even come for a reason like this. And another thing, who in the hell would call the cops on people playing music in a off campus housing building for students on a saturday? No one like FOH..

They gave me two options, to either empty out all the alcohol and tell everyone to leave through the front door (we have a back screen door, luckily we live on the first floor so it would go smooth) or they would come and ticket everyone.

I agreed to the first choice, and told everyone to just go through the back and I had my girl take my bud with her so I wouldn't get caught with it (Yeah shes a down ass bitch, and I love her for that) A few min go by and the cops start banging on the door again. Mind you that everyone is out and its just me and my roommate. I opened the door, and the douche put his foot in the door way to I couldn't close it. He tried to come in, and I put my forearm up as in no you can't come in.. he walked into my arm and was like assault on a police, and pinned me to the wall and cuffed me and my roommate. They came in, and they found a bowl sitting next to my grinder, but somehow they over looked the grinder and just took the bowl.

We ended up being arrested for Noise Ordinance and possession of drug paraphernalia.

My question is, did they have a right to come in and take my bowl and put me under arrest for it? I heard stories about if cops come to your house for one thing, in this case, a "noise compliant", they can't pursue anything else besides that? btw I live in south carolina if this helps. And now I got court for these two things, I looked at my charges the day I got out, and it said that the paraphernalia got "disposed" what exactly does that mean??

TL;DR. Cops came for noise compliant, seen alcohol, every one dipped out, cops try to come in, I try to stop them, put me in handcuffs, found a bowl, got arrested for noise and paraphernalia, did they have a right to take my bowl if they came for the noise compliant???

2. normally most schools take away all your rights. like my school they are allowed to break in your car without probable cause and do unconstitutional things because you are on their campus. i know you dont live on campus but who owns the housing? sounds pretty bad though dude..

3. FUCK NO THEY HAD NO RIGHT. if they had some reason to come in the house (wich tehy did not... they cant put their foot in the door and charge into you and say its assult) they CAN get you for the drugs and pipe....

What does 'disposed' mean, when referring to the status of a domestic violence case? - Avvo.com

so, your still fucked on that part.
    i would get a lawer and start raising all sorts of flags (hard to prove...should always video /audio recourd any police incounter) and hopefully they will back down, or you cna get a case agnest the police department.

but hey, im an 18 year old living in a college dorm with no legal expericense. you should of had your girl take the pipe and grinder to!

4. Nah my college doesn't own the housing. And it wasn't campus PD, it was the county

5. Yeah we fucked up on that part, completely for got about that shit. But like it's not really my pipe, its one of my homies, who was there and just dipped out and forgot about it..

6. i would say that thats not mine....and when asked who's it is say you were having a party and he was jsut some random dude. your boy should have took his pipe with him and tossed it after getting out of their a bit.

idk, never answer the door for cops. if they wnat to talk, yell threw the window, but never open it.

if they have a LEGAL reason to get in your house...they wont knock, they will kick that fucker down.

theirs good cops out their... and then their are fuckers liek this.

7. what was their legal reason to come in? thats fucked up. i would take grizdogs idea of a lawyer. fight them man thats pretty wrong.

8. Yeah my and my roommate both denied that the bowl was ours. But my boy said he will pay for the ticket if it doesn't get thrown out... This shit is fucked up for real. And when he came in and hand cuffed me.. I was like you have no right to come in, and hes like shut your fucking mouth. First time being in a situation like that so I was stunned confused and fucked up at the same time..

9. ya... worst run in with teh law is when i blew up a fridge with 4 pounds of binary explosive. on federal land. wanted to charge us with a "detination of an explosive device on federal lands" like i tried to blwo up the white house or some shit. just got a littering ticket.

or a rode my 4 wheeler on the snow across the CMR wildlife reserve becasue i have no traction (old tires) and slid off the marked road and could nto get back up... if i had my 3 wheeler i would have ran.

i hurt my back becasue they would not help me push even thow i asked for help... so they droped everything their (invasive species, the deer will never cross this path again ETC all of it bullshit) but a 75 dollar like tresspessing fine. but i also wrote fuck the core in the snow...so they thought i did all this vandlism and had to talk to the cops. i was 450 miles away in college, they asked for my finger prints and i said no and left.

10. No they don't have permission to one into your house without your consent. That would be illegal. You should've been like if you do not have a search warrant the you cannot come in.

11. When I walked out the door, all they said was that they saw alcohol and he did say they smelled weed but that was bull shit because we smoke on the balcony. And when I was in the backseat, I caught him in a lie, saying he saw the bowl when I opened the door, but the bowl was on the other side of the room and shit..

I just don't wanna have to pay for a fucking noise compliant ticket and a paraphernalia ticket when they only came for the apparent noise. which was hella ironic because we throw down all the time, and they come on the night we are just chillin

12. >get a good lawyer
    >nothing will happen
    >if anything sue those assholes for PTS or something along those lines.

13. ^^^^^^^^^^
    what he said

14. Can't afford a lawyer, let alone a good one.. I'm in college ffs.

15. Courts are legally require to provide you with a lawyer. Or public defender or something.

16. Upon request or will the be there when I got to court?

17. Not sure, I'd try to get in touch with the your local PD and get the scoop, or google it in depth or something.

18. I read the police report and found out like more than half of it was false. And where I live, there are cameras that can prove that they're false. Could I use this as evidence for a faulty police report or no ?????

19. Tell a lawyer he will see the potential $$$ and take the case.

20. Agreed, I don't open for police. If somebody knocks on the front door and nobody is at the peep hole ignore it. You have no legal obligation to open your door for somebody hiding from your safety precautions.