What will happen in court?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 162715, Jan 15, 2010.

1. #1 Deleted member 162715, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
    Well i live in CT and i got arrested yesterday. I was with my friends.

All 3 of us got charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, and simple trespassing (being at a park after dark).

I had 3gs of bud, and a grinder. I confessed all the stuff I had.

I'm obviously gonna be trialed as an adult, I was wondering..
    -What will happen in court?
    -And what could my sentence be.

What if they ask me where I got the weed? (prolly wont but just saying)
    -Assuming that they do, what do I even say? Im not trying to rat nobody out.

2. if its at all possible get a lawyer, even a public defender is better than nothing. they can find things the police did wrong and give u the best chance at beating the case. there's alot of factors that determine fine and/or punishment like prior convictions especially. if this is ur first offense you'll prob get a fine and maybe community service. i know it sucks bro but keep ur head up and be honest and you'll be fine. everything passes... :eek:

3. DUDE, WE ARE LIVING THE SAME LIFE. I ALSO GOT ARRESTED IN CT WITH THREE FRIENDS AND ABOUT 3 GS. Same charges too! Here is what happened to me about a year ago:

I went to the Meriden Court, I obviously don't know what part of CT you live in but you might end up here, and you walk in ask the guy working the metal detector which court room you will have to go to. Then you walk in this court room that looks similar to a church, it isn't an official court room, I think its mostly misdemeanor drug charges and traffic violations. Then you sit down with the prosecutor and they decide your fate.

I received a really easy plea bargain: ten hours of community service, but I doubt you will be "as lucky". At the time of my arrest Connecticut still had the decriminalization bill in congress, so I personally believe there was political pressure in the court systems.

Most likely you will get community service and or drug classes (DARE with heroine addicts) and will have to return after a fixed amount of time with some paperwork stating you did the community service. I did mine at the salvation army, showed up high, and barely finished the measly ten hours. Good luck. Fuck CT police.

4. thanks for your help man, it means alot

5. I'm going to Rockville Superior Court, I hope I have somewhat "lucky" sentence like u did. And damn thats crazy how your story is like mine. Honestly i'm really nervous and I hope it's not too bad.

6. nothin serious will happen, ive been busted with herb more times than I can count, its just petty bullshit, play the system, dont let the system play you, and dont walk into court lookin like a bum, dress to impress

7. Idk about CT, but when I got charged with possesion/paraphenalia(sp?), all I got was a $110 fine. When I was charged with trespassing (even though I wasn't) I got an $80 fine. Good luck though man.

8. thanks everyone for posting and for your support.

9. Ass rape sucks.............so find the biggest guy you can and knock him on his ass. That should buy you 1 or 2 days.

If that's not your style.........consider becoming a prison wife. At least the ass-raping will only come from one guy, unless he sells you to his friends. In which case you wanna make sure you're not too good of a lay, in hopes that they won't want seconds.

Familiarize yourself with the term "tossing the salad". I hear grape jelly works good.

How comfortable are you with not wiping your ass? That could buy you another day or so.....Try the chilli at lunch-time....

Don't become a "sister". If the ass-rape is gonna happen, you don't want them to think you want it.

j/k............

I'm sure it will all work out.

10. #10 QPS420, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010
    Well.... I am up in MI, so i am sure it is different. I got a poss. charge on halloween, while being on probation. I also got a "attempting" to resist arrest, which was bs, but w/e. Anyway, i went to court with my "public defender", who insisted i wouldn't get jail time. (trust me, i asked!) Anyway, went to court, judge just said i need to learn my lesson, then put me in jail for 10 days (only did 7 though). Caught me by surprise, but it is what it is.

Assuming this is your first offense(s)???, you will probably get 6 months probation, comm. servie, possibly lose your license, and a fine. Shouldn't be to bad, just don't get in trouble while on probation, haha, for some reason they really don't like that!

Oh, and if on probation, watch out for dts.... thats a violation.

11. nothing too bad should happen. didnt Ct lower the fines and everything for marijuana ?

12. amen to that, i got a felony d arson charge taken down to a misdemeanor a because the fire wasn't started intentionally when the police said it was

13. First offense, posession of marijuana under 4oz is UP to 1 year and 1000$ in fines.

14. You'll be fine man. Since, it's only your first offense, nothing major will happen.

15. i live in bridgeport and the police are scared to come up to groups of us smoking in the dark lol

16. lucky.. lol