What will happen first: Gay Marriage or Legalization of Marijuana? (In USA)

Discussion in 'General' started by cosmos136, Jan 16, 2012.

1. And by "legalize" I mean complete legalization. The end of prohibition of cannabis.
    None of this loop-hole "medical marijuana" nonsense.
    :bongin:

2. Global Gay Marriage or what?

3. In the United States. (it's in the title) ;)

4. #4 Rinst, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    I assume you mention gay marriage in the sense of it becoming a federal law, not a state law. This really is a good question, I interpret it as "Which will the United States become more accepting of first: legalizing a plant or allowing two men to marry." Really, the United States since its inception has had a problem with gay marriage, since it was founded on Puritan ideals. The "War on Drugs" is considerably recent, not something that stems back to America's beginning as same-sex marriage does. Sad to say, but I believe marijuana will be legalized before gay marriage becomes a federal law. No doubt both will be at least five to ten years from now if not longer.

5. Gay Marriage might get legalized first.

6. Do you actually support Obama? If so, why?

7. Human Rights Would Supersede the Plant Rights. Moreover, There are NGOs Working For Gay Rights :)

8. I don't know why you bring up something completely unrelated but alright. Simply put, he is the best candidate out of the bunch. I have no doubt that he wouldn't win anyway, even if I didn't support him. I am a Democrat, and there is only one candidate that is a Democrat as well, so the answer to your question is quite obvious.

9. Are you a wizard?
    [​IMG]

10. People can accept gay marriage before drug use

11. They're both natural human rights.

How about the same time?

12. Yes.

Wouldn't that be great!

13. How fucking sad is it that its 2012 and we still have to ask, which will our government legalize first, allowing a certain type of human to marry the same type of human or allowing some people to smoke a harmless plant. No wonder humans cant find aliens, who the fuck would want to deal with the human race?... haha im:smoke:

14. Gay marriage first, probably. People are opening up to it, and it's taking longer for people to open up to the idea of weed (gasp) not being the terrible thing everyone wants to make it out to be.

The fact that we have legal gay marriage and (sorta) legal weed in a few states already says a lot, though.

15. I'm going to vote against the grain and say a very popular plant will be legalized before gay marriage.

16. Finally someone votes with me.

17. [quote name='"Rinst"']

Finally someone votes with me.[/quote]

It makes more sense. We have had quite a few presidents that have openly admitted to using marijuana, but so far every president and just about every other politician have created an unseen war on homosexuality strictly for votes sake even they are gay themselves.

It's a big elephant in the room. You can admit to smoking weed but as soon as you say you're gay you're out of a career. It has been pushed so far that many of the homosexual politicians push the hardest against gay rights.

18. Well whichever comes first the other won't be far behind at all :smoke: Gay marriage will probably come first I'm thinking.

19. #19 cosmos136, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    Since I'm the OP of the thread, I'd think I should give my 2¢ to the topic.

Being gay and a occasional pot-smoker (I would smoke more often if I had the money and a reliable dealer.) I would have to say that marijuana would most likely become legal before gay marriage.
    When you look at states like Montana that has Medical MJ and Mississipi (and I think either Nebraska or Kansas also) have "decriminalized" marijuana (whatever the hell that means)......all places where gay marriage doesn't have a snowball chance in hell in becoming legal...not even a little bit.:(

And speaking honestly, as a gay man, I'd rather grow and smoke legally, than have a husband ANYDAY!:smoke:
    Grass comes before love in my book.
    Now if I had to choose between grass and gay sex...;)

Edit: I'd probably choose grass too. Hahaha.

20. [quote name='"cosmos136"']Since I'm the OP of the thread, I'd think I should give my 2¢ to the topic.

Being gay and a occasional pot-smoker (I would smoke more often if I had the money and a reliable dealer.) I would have to say that marijuana would most likely become legal before gay marriage.
    When you look at states like Montana that has Medical MJ and Mississipi (and I think either Nebraska or Kansas also) have "decriminalized" marijuana (whatever the hell that means)......all places where gay marriage doesn't have a snowball chance in hell in becoming legal...not even a little bit.:(

And speaking honestly, as a gay man, I'd rather grow and smoke legally, than have a husband ANYDAY!:smoke:
    Grass comes before love in my book.
    Now if I had to choose between grass and gay sex...;)[/quote]

Hey there! Gay stoners unite :metal: we need more gay stoners on this forum... So far I'm only aware of me, KenjaminK, and Annicus, and now you! I'm sure there's more... They just haven't made it public.

Anywho, you'd choose herb over love? Care to explain your reasoning? Just curious.