Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What will/did you tell your children about weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Pandog, Mar 17, 2012.

1. To be honest I feel like for it to balance out as a parent I'd have to be strict about it. The way I see it I see people who's parents smoke or are okay with them smoking and they over-do it. Not saying that everyone will but I just wouldn't want to risk it. I wouldn't freak out too much unless they were 12 or younger but I'd want to know whether they were informed on all the information about it or not. I diligently research any drug that I put into my body and assess the pros and cons. I mean I know smoking isn't good for my health it's just worth the downsides occasionally. It's ultimately up to them and I'd be comfortable if they decided eventually to smoke or not if they did it with information and maturely.

But I feel like I couldn't "allow" it. I would tell them not too and tell them the cons of it (not lies obviously) and let them decide for themselves. It's not for everyone and they should at least be aware of what it does before they do it.

2. I disagree...we've always been pro herb and pro mmj around our kids. They seem to respect that and understand about not sharing information publicly and the mystery is taken out of what we do. Most of our kids tell us they'll probably smoke as adults, but they don't seem in any hurry since it's permissable. One child ( who is majorly health conscious) says she probably won't smoke. Mutual respect goes a long way.

3. When we had the "TALK" about drugs I told her that the only thing bad/wrong about Marijuana was that it was still illegal.

4. i'm still not convinced its harmless to a still developing mind. i probably wouldnt be ok with them doing it until maybe 16 at the youngest. that seems like a good age. thats right around when i started

5. My mother always told me that if started smoking MJ that firstly it would never change the way see cared for me, and that either way its my choice. And that always stuck with me and kinda made our relationship that much stronger. When i have kids of my own i will give them the education and limitations that they need as a child but also give the the freedom to make there own choices and learn from there mistakes. In my opinion its a lot more deeper then either letting them smoke or not, you have to build an honest relationship so that your children can trust you and understand your only looking out for there best